10. The Story That Followed After

§§§§

"Alpha, when will she come back?"

Michael cupped his son's face. Dominic's round brown eyes looked back at him in question. He then looked up at Emmanuel, who had been clenching his fists.

His blue eyes were glossy and his usually bright curly hair was disheveled.

"Emmanuel. It's nine o'clock in the morning," He started as he stood up from his position. He walked over to him, as he held Dominic's hand, and shook his head sideways. "Why are you not in school?"

"Uncle Emmanuel!" Dominic let out cheerfully, but Michael looked down at his son and shook his head sideways. Dominic's brown eyes went wide and his head snapped towards Emmanuel. "Uncle in twouble."

"I-I'm going right now. I'm just worried about her." Emmanuel said with a frown. "She's been gone for a week and we haven't came in contact with her. I even went towards the border yesterday morning and—"

"You did what?" Michael cut off as his eyes narrowed towards the teenager in front of him.

Emmanuel sucked in his lower lip when he realized his mistake. "I-I—"

"Emmanuel, you are to stay here." Michael commanded as he shook his head. Dominic, already feeling his father's authoritarian voice kicking in, grabbed onto his leg—hoping that he wasn't the one in trouble. "You should be lucky that Lucas, and other surrounding packs, are on good terms with us. Even then, you shouldn't go out to look for Nya. You have already been told that it's too complex for you. Leave them alone."

"But, Alpha—"

"I stick with what I say, Emmanuel." Michael said as he gave him a look. "Don't make me repeat myself, and go to school. And be lucky that you went in the morning."

Emmanuel's jaw dropped as he noticed his defeat. With a huff, he turned around and ran away from Michael, with nothing but the thought of hating James, in his mind.

"Domi! Domi!"

Michael looked away from where Emmanuel had run through and looked towards the little girl, whose brown hair was loose today, running towards both him and his son.

"Awni!" Dominic yelled out as he wriggled his hand out of Michael's hold and ran to her.

Right at that moment, Dominic shifted into his warrior wolf and had gone to jump on Arnelle. Alexander had quickly stood in front of him and held out his arms to stop him, but it was too late, because soon, they were both on the floor, a few feet away from where his daughter stood with a pout.

"Daddy!" She let out with a whine as she stomped on her foot. Michael had chuckled as he walked over to both Dominic and Alexander.

Dominic had barked loudly and licked Alexander's face before sitting down next to him. Michael bent down towards Alex, who groaned as he cracked his bones, and helped him up to his feet.

Arnelle stomped over to her best friend and crossed her arms over her chest.

Hug! Hug! Hug! He thought cheerfully as he jumped to all fours.

"Dominic," Alexander said as he walked over to the two children. "No jumping. You can hurt Arnelle."

Dominic's wolf whimpered out in question as he looked at his father for confirmation. He whimpered again when he saw that his father nodded his head in agreement.