11. The Story That Followed After

§§§§

It had been a month since Nya had left with James and nobody knew nothing about her.

Emmanuel stayed up from morning till dawn, he had been sleep deprived and barely paid attention in class, which started to make his grades drop immensely.

And sometimes he'd have hallucinations. He'd look out of the window and see Mya looking up at him with a smile. He'd almost jump out of the window to greet her if it wasn't for her vanishing right when he blinked his eyes.

But this time, at the brink of dawn, he saw her. Her face was glowing and the long white dress that she had on moved to the wind. And she was moving, and... She was pregnant?

"Wait..." He trailed off. Then, all forms of drowsiness left him when he realized who it was.

He quickly opened his window and jumped out at the moment while yelling out, "Nya!"

She flinched when she heard him yelling out her name—her ears were sensitive more than ever with—

"Nya!" Emmanuel cried out in happiness as he ran towards her.

She had a smile on her face as she looked at the boy, but, soon it began to falter when she saw just how different he looked.

"Emmanuel, what—"

"Nya! You're here!" He sobbed out as he stopped right before her. He looked at her up and down and glared at her protruding belly. "Please, tell me me you've gained weight, Nya. Please tell me that's not what I think it is."

Nya looked down at her belly with a questioning look, then smiled widely and placed her palms against it, feeling the baby kick right at the moment.

"Oh, my baby?" She asked as she looked up at him with a twinkle in her eye. "I'm actually going to give birth tomorrow."

Emmanuel's face scrunched up in horror as he took one unbelievable step back. "Nya! Do you hear yourself?! How can you call that your... How can that man try to make you conceive his monster—"

"Emmanuel!" Michael roared from the door. He quickly stalked up to him, with a very tired Adrian behind him. "To your room. Now!"

Emmanuel turned around, his jaw slacked. "Alpha! Nya is pregnant! She can't—"

"Emmanuel, just go to your room." Adrian cut off with a shake of his head. He'd have to talk to him later.

"And watch your mouth, Emmanuel. I don't want to hear you speaking about this." Michael said as he watched Emmanuel sulk his shoulders and walk past them.

"What's happened to him?" Nya voiced out and they both turned to her. Her face seemed hurt and she rubbed on her belly again. "That's not like him at all."

To call her baby a monster? Her baby wasn't a monster...

"He's still grieving over..." Michael trailed off, but Nya helped him out.

"Over Mya?" She asked. She blinked twice before clearing her throat. "It's OK, Michael. You can say her name. James is helping me out with... all of that."

"I see." Michael started. "But, he also thinks that she was his mate."

"Mya? His mate?" Nya's lips twitched up into a smile. "She would have had a laugh about that." Then she gave him a questioning look. "But, doesn't he know that Mya would have already—"