• 26. The Story That Followed After •

§§§§
~2 years after~ official present time.

"What do you mean you don't want to get up?"

Adriel covered his face with the pillow and groaned into it. "I'm so tired."

Adrian looked over at Lisette, who gave him a small shrug and said, "I've been telling him to get up, Beta Adrian. But, he keeps telling me that he's too tired."

Even though Adriel had confessed his feelings to her, she had kindly turned him down, telling him that it wouldn't be a smart move to date when there was a chance that she couldn't be his mate.

Of course, she didn't say this in front of everybody. It had happened when they had gone out to see a new movie.

At least they stayed close friends. 

"Adriel, you're about to turn eighteen in an hour. You know your mother planned everything out." Adrian began as he gave his son a raised eyebrow. "I know how Yvanna gets when she goes crazy, and you don't want that to happen to you."

Adriel sighed, but kept his position. Actually, he got even more comfortable in his bed, and said, "Mom will let me slide, I'm sure of it. I just want to be here, hanging out with Lisette and that's all."

Lisette's blue eyes filled with a slight worry and she gave Adrian another small smile. She turned back to Adriel and said, "Adriel, you should get up. It will be fun! I'm sure of it."

"It's no use, Lisette. His mother's on her way right—"

The door to Adriel's room slammed opened and in came Yvanna, dressed up for later. "Adriel Martin. Get your butt up. Right now!"

Adriel groaned again and Yvanna rushed past her mate and Lisette, then stood at the foot of his bed. She grabbed onto his sheets and pulled them off of him.

"You better get up right now, Adriel. I swear to God I will give you a beating." She said as she lightly slapped at his legs. Adrian looked down at Lisette and nodded towards the door.

She smiled politely before bowing and turning to leave.

"Ow, ow. That hurts so much, mom." Adriel let out sarcastically before he then let out another frustrated groan. He sat up and looked at both of his parents with a pout.

"Mom, can I have, like, an hour of sleep?" He begged, and Yvanna narrowed her eyes.

"Get up. What are you tired from? Sleeping the whole day? Adrianna is ready—"

"She is your daughter." Adrian commented, and Yvanna sent him a glare. He raised his hands up in defense and leaned against the black walls.

"Take a shower and be downstairs five before twelve." She crossed her arms over her chest and said, with as much seriousness as possible, "If you aren't ready by that time, I'll have your uncle make you run your routines till the sun is up."

Adriel slightly widened his eyes in fear and nodded his head. He then stood up, towering over his mother and went to grab his towel.

"Do not play with me." She said before turning around and walking out of the room.

"I don't know why he's so scared about routines with Emmanuel. All of that is light work." Adrian said as he followed Yvanna down the hallway.