• 28. The Story That Followed After •

§§§§

Adrianna shifted back into her human form and did a quick change of clothing. She was definitely lucky enough to have placed her clothing where no action took place whatsoever.

She walked out into the opening and looked around her. The dead bodies of the rogues that attacked them were piled up around. Some of her pack members didn't receive the same fate, but were really close to.

She aided some of the hurt members, and helped some go into the pack house.

"It was supposed to be such a special day for you and Adriel... I want to apologize for this tragic interruption." Juliana, a seriously injured one, had said as they entered the house.

"Please don't." Adrianna began while helping Juliana sit down. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Rogues are vile creatures with such idiotic tendencies." She then went to move Juliana's short pink hair, that had been dripping with blood, away from the gushing wound at her neck.

"As long as you guys are good, then I'm good."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and was pulled back. She turned around and hugged her mother tightly.

"You're good. That's good." Yvanna mumbled out as she tightened her hold. She kissed the top of her head before continuing with, "I saw Adriel come in and I was like okay... I was happy—of course—but, still—"

"Mom. I understand completely." Adrianna said, then went to turn back to the pack mate, but she had been getting attended by Harrison.

"Good." Yvanna said as she kissed the top of her head. She hugged her tightly before saying, "Michael said to go to his office now."

"Thanks mom." She said, and they let go of each other. She went to walk away, when the thought of her grandmother entered her mind.

"Hey, mom?" Adrianna began as she turned around. Yvanna looked at her daughter questioningly.

Should I ask? Adrianna thought to herself. Or is she still sensitive?

What am I thinking? Of course she'd be sensitive. I would be too! Adrianna chastised herself. She placed a smile on her face and shook her head. I'll just look into it myself...

"Forget it. I was going to ask if Janice is OK. I just mind-linked her." She lied before turning around and running to the office.

.

Dominic sat at his father's seat in the office and looked around the room.

His little sister was sitting on one of the chairs before him, explaining to Adrianna, who sat against the desk, how she had gotten the huge scratch, that had been bandaged up, on her arm. Apparently, she had been fighting one of the rogues and didn't exactly notice the other charging at her until one of his claws came scratching down her arm. She easily took them down by herself, which brought pride within Dominic for his little sister.

She was nice until it came down to defending her pack.

Arnelle was texting away on her phone. Her face was emotionless, but the corners of her lips would slightly twitch up every few minutes. He breathed out through his nose and looked away—last time he asked her what's got her in a cheery mood, she almost killed him with her eyes and told him to mind his business.