Chapter V | Girl's Day

(F/a OR f/p) means-Favorite activity or favorite place.

"Mornin' (y/n)," Lonnie said. It was finally the weekend. What were you going to do this weekend? Write your parental report? That was due on Monday. Why did you wait till the last minute?

"We are going to have fun today!" Lonnie exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"We're going to hang out with the gals, Mal and Evie."

"Okay," you said. Maybe you could write that report on Sunday.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You and Lonnie had gotten dressed and eaten breakfast, now you were in Mal and Evie's dorm.

"So Mal and I decided that we would all take turns choosing something to do," Evie told us. You and Lonnie nodded in agreement.

"Who wants to go first?" Mal asked. You certainly did not. You wanted to see what the others did first.

"How much time do we get?" Lonnie asked.

"Lets see, when do you all want to go to bed?"

"Around ten," Lonnie said.

"Okay, it's nine right now, the first pick can go from now till twelve. The second can go from twelve to three. The third can go from three to six. And the fourth can go from six to nine. After that, we get ready to go to sleep. Is that okay?" Mal said. Everyone nodded.

"I'll go first," Lonnie said. Nobody argued.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

Lonnie had taken you roller skating. It was fun! Mal had taken the second shift. She had set up a wonderful picnic for lunch. Afterwards, you had painted on canvases. You took the third shift. You had decided to (do/take the group) (f/a OR f/p). You also took them to your favorite restaurant, since everyone was hungry. It was now Evie's turn.

"I was going to take everyone shopping," Evie said, "but I'm too tired to move from this bed." You were back in Mal and Evie's dorm. "So, let's talk!"

"That's your idea of fun?" Mal asked. "We already talked today."

"This talk is more like gossip," Evie said. "Sit!" You all sat around her.

"So, I know we all have Professor Camilia, after all, no one else wants to teach social studies right?" You all nodded.

"So about the project to find an inbreakable love-" Evie started.

"You mean project FAIL?" you asked. Mal and Lonnie laughed.

"This is serious!" Evie said. "Who are you taking, or who is taking you?" She looked at Lonnie.

"I don't know," Lonnie said. "My mom says love will come when it comes."

"But you need a date!" Evie squeaked. "The quarter is almost over! We're already in the second week!" Lonnie shrugged. You rolled your eyes. "Mal?"

"Ben hasn't asked me yet," Mal said, "He probably forgot or something. I'm thinking about asking him myself. After all, it's not a rule that boys ask girls."

"Doug already asked me!" Evie said, dreamily. She looked at Lonnie and you. "If you don't have dates, do you want a specific person to ask you to that party?"

"I think the guy I danced with at Ben's coronation party was kind of cute," Lonnie said.

"Well I hope everyone doesn't go with the people they danced with at the coronation party," Evie grumbled.

"Why not?" Lonnie asked.

"Jay danced with Audrey," Evie said.

"So what? If he likes Audrey, let him be," Lonnie argued.

"Just saying, if worst comes to worst, and you can't find dates, you could always go with Jay or Carlos," Evie said. Mal whacked her. "What was that for?"

"You are insinuating that Jay and Carlos can't find dates?"

"I didn't mean it that way." Evie retorted. "Anyways, how about you?"

You fiddled nervously with your fingers. You usually didn't tell anyone who you crushed on. Who did you like? The image of Carlos popped into your head. Would he ever ask you?

"Wow," Evie said, "you must have a major crush if you don't tell us."

"Don't make me use a spell!" Mal threatened. "We don't like friends that keep things from us."

"I think I like Carlos," you said, shyly.

Mal, Evie, and Lonnie burst out laughing. You turned red. "What's so funny about that?" you asked.

"Not that, it was just the look on your face when I said I would spell you!" Mal said. "I meant that I would use a spell to force it out of you, not something bad!" You cracked a smile.

"Carlos huh?" Evie asked. "I guess Jane is an obstacle then."

"What do you mean?"

"Carlos danced with Jane on the night of the coronation party. He basically asked her out, with Jay supporting him. And I kinda shipped them before I met you so I gave Jane advice,"Evie trailed off.

"What?" you exclaimed, "What advice did you give her?"

"I told her that with Carlos, she first had to become best friends, then go from there." Evie said. She saw the confused looks on Mal, Lonnie, and your faces. "Carlos isn't looking for a date or a girlfriend." Evie explained, "but I think he is looking for a best friend, or at least he was."

"Stop confusing us!" You said, "Please just get to the point.

"Carlos might have found his best friend in Dude," Evie said.

"Evie," Lonnie said, "do you know you can have more than one best friend?"

"You can?" Evie asked, "Oh, yeah! How come we never learn about friendship in class?"

"It's something we have to learn and experience on our own, I guess," you said, sadly, remembering (b/f/n).

"Aw," Mal said. "Someone needs a hug!" Everyone hugged you.

"Thanks, guys."

"No problem. Aw, look at the time! It's gone by so fast!" Evie exclaimed. She was right. It was already nine.

"Well, see you tomorrow! Good luck with Carlos, (y/n)!" Evie said. You said your goodbyes. You and Lonnie headed back to your dorm for a good night's rest.

🌸Vote, Comment, Read On🌸