Chapter XXXIX | Books Nooks and Crooks

(f/m)-favorite manga
(f/a)-favorite anime
(m/n)-mom's name
(d/n)-dad's name

Carlos spewed out the soda he was drinking, "All of us?" He asked, "Audition for the part of Sleeping Beauty!?"

Everyone looked at him an bursted out laughing. "Yes, Carlos," said Mal, sarcastically, "all of us." She rolled her eyes. "You know what I meant. But, you could always audition for Sleeping Beauty; I'm quite interested in how that would turn out."

"(Y/n) could be Prince Phillip then!" Evie piped in. Your face heated up. Kissing in front of an audience?

"So it's settled then, all of us girls audition for Sleeping Beauty," Mal said, "Carlos can too if he wants."

"Hey!" Carlos complained. You had to admit, his face was cute when he was flustered.

Mal winked. "See you all at detention!" Team Descendants parted ways, each member heading to his/her next class.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You slipped a copy of The Trials of Apollo next to The Blood of Olympus on the bookshelf. How The Trials of Apollo were in the restricted section a few days after its release was a mystery to you. You had a sneaking suspicion that someone was slipping more books in so the detention would never be over. And by someone, you meant Audrey. You turned around in time to see Lonnie speed-walking into the restricted section with a bag hung on her arm. "Why the hurry?" You asked.

Lonnie grinned. "Fairy Godmother said that Auradon didn't need manga or anime and she didn't know how they got in the restricted section in the first place, so she let me keep them!"

"Keep...them," you said slowly, "as in all the manga and anime in this restricted section?"

"Yes!" Lonnie squealed. "Maybe by the time I collect all of them and take them to my room, our detention will be over!"

You nodded,"The manga and anime does take a lot of room in the restricted section. But, you're keeping all o the manga and anime? Can't I have some?" You gave Lonnie you're best puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh, fine, choose your favorite manga and your favorite anime. But after that, I choose mine and you can have the last five of each that I didn't take." Lonnie grumbled.

"Yay!" You cheered, earning lots of shushes from the students in the library. "Arigatou, Lonnie!" You thanked Lonnie. Then you ran off to choose your anime and manga.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You leaned against a bookshelf in exhaustion. You and Lonnie had finally unloaded all the anime and manga (and sorted) them in your dorm room. You had chosen (f/m) and (f/a), and you were happy to finally own your own complete copies of both.

"(Y/n), you okay?" Carlos asked as he sitting down next to you. "Taking a break?"

"Lonnie and I just. Cleared.
This place. Of anime. And manga," you panted. Carlos offered you a water bottle. You took it, and said a thanks.

"I can tell, the shelves are clearer than ever," Carlos said, looking at the shelves that uses to be filled with mana and anime. "You wanna practice for the Sleeping Beauty auditions with me later?" Carlos asked.

"Sure, Sleeping Beauty," you teased.

Carlos grumbled, "I'm not auditioning as Sleeping Beauty. I actually want to try Prince Phillip."

"Wow, you as a brave, valiant prince, who is not scared of anything," you laughed, "I can totally see that happening!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Carlos pouted.