Chapter XXXXI | Auditions (Part 2)

"Fairy Godmother," Audrey said, "if you don't mind, may I have someone to be Prince Phillip for the scene I am reciting?"

"Wonderful idea, Audrey," Fairy Godmother said, she turned to face the you and the other students. "You children can take a seat. Also, to whoever auditioning for Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, you have to have the other, I am now requiring you all to perform a scene together."

"Ugh, why," Lonnie complained. "It was probably Audrey's plan to convince Fairy Godmother to make us perform these scene because she knew some of us won't have a Prince Phillip friend to audition with."

"Shh, the audition is about to begin," Doug whispered. Lonnie glared at him but she stopped complaining.

Audrey walked slowly to the middle of the stage, one leg in front of the other, her dress draping behind her; creating a flowing, watery effect. She began to hum and twirl around.

"So she's doing that scene?" Lonnie scoffed, "trying to rule out people who can't sing?"

Audrey began singing "Once Upon a Dream" and Jay soon joined her. As much as you hated to admit it, their voices really complemented each other. Though I'm sure Lonnie and Jay would should better together, you thought.

Finally the song ends and Audrey spins around, placing both hands over her chest. "Oh? Oh!" She turns around and starts running away, Jay doesn't immediately follow. "I said," Audrey muttered under her breath," OH MY!" Jay suddenly snapped back into reality and he grabbed her wrist.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Jay smirked. He can't pull off a Prince Phillip at all, you thought.

"Oh it wasn't that," Audrey said, "It's just you're a...a-"

"Traitor? Backstabber?" Lonnie muttered angrily.

"Liar, cheater," you added. Doug shushed the two of you.

"Stranger?" Jay asked, raising his eyebrows. Audrey nodded.

"But we met before, 'member?" Jay asked.

"We-we have?" Audrey asked, raising her eyebrows. You had to admit, her acting skills were pretty good; probably because of all the lies she said in everyday life.

" 'Course, you said so yourself, once upon a dream."

"He's saying it all wrong," Ben muttered.

"Ben, we can improvise," Mal said.

"Shhhhh!" Doug said. Jay and Audrey started dancing again. You almost swore you saw Jay reluctant to dance with Audrey. You rubbed your eyes. Probably just your imagination.

"So. what's your name?" Jay asked.

"Hmm? Oh, my name. Why, it's, it's ... Oh no, no, I can't, I ... Goodbye!" Audrey started speed walking away.

"But, when will I see you again?" Jay asked, not sounding desperate at all.

"Oh never, never!" Audrey said.

"I wish," You and Lonnie said at the same time, exchanging smiles; sadly, that also earned the two of you another 'shh' from Doug.

"Never huh," Jay said.

"Well, maybe someday," Audrey said.

"When, tomorrow?" Jay asked.

"No, this evening," Audrey said, a tint of desperation in her voice. How did she pull that off? You glanced at your (phone/watch) and saw that her time limit was almost up.

"Where?" Jay sighed.

"At the cottage in the glen!" Audrey shouted running off the stage. Right when her feet hit the ground, Fairy Godmother called next.