Chapter XXVIII | Boundaries Between Us and Them

A/N: Gomen'asai (sorry), Dreamers, for this super late update. Don't be mad at me. At least I can still update, since my mom doesn't know about my low grade yet. But on a happier note, I couldn't update yesterday because of something very special! I GOT INTO THE IB PROGRAM!!! YAY! Thank you to all the readers that prayed for me or wished me luck! So, my mom took my siblings and I to Universal Studios. I got to go to Diagon Alley and it was really cool. Anyways, I got home late and was tired so I couldn't update. And just to let you know, if I don't update on Friday, there will be an update sometime during Saturday. Anyways, thanks for reading this long author's note (cause I'm sure many skipped it) and here is the next chappie!

"What are they doing here!?"

You winced as you saw Mal grip your favorite book a little bit too hard. You followed your gaze and realized why.

There, in the restricted section of the library, was Audrey and her crew of prissy, pink princesses.

"Oh, hello, Mal," Audrey greeted, giving Mal her trade marketed fake smile. "How sweet of you to come here and help me out. "

Mal must have looked confused, because Audrey continued, "Oh wait, you're not here to help, are you? You're one of the ones who have to sort books because you bullied me."

Mal completely ignored Audrey and looked to Jay, who was quietly observing this exchange. "What is she doing here?" Mal asked. "What are they doing here?" She gestured to Audrey's 'friends'.

"We were taking too long to sort these books," Jay said. "The faster they get sorted, the faster I can get to Tourney, if the season isn't over yet. Audrey was kind enough to offer to help-"

"Oh so what now, Jay? You'd choose Tourney over your friends? Your VK team? Team Descendants? You'd choose Tourney and Audrey over all of us. I thought you would be one of the last to fall to the 'good' attitude of Auradon, and I guess I was wrong." Mal crossed her arms.

Oh, shots were fired, you thought.

Jay scowled and walked away. Audrey followed him and put her arms around him. "Don't listen to Mal, she doesn't know what she's talking about," you heard Audrey say to him.

"Come on, (y/n), we wasted enough time already." Mal took your hand and pulled you towards the shelf with the book that opened the passage. She opened the passage and the two of you went in.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

The group was finally together again for another day of trying to figure the prophecy out. You were currently at the bookshelf, trying to find a book that might give you any clues. Carlos was checking out the mini laboratory and all the equipment in the room. Mal was going through the old prophecies and scrolls, while Evie was looking through the pictures of (b/f/n) that she compiled. Lonnie was sitting on a chair studying her friendship rings with a down casted look. Her usual confident and fun demeanor was gone: her shoulders were sagged, and her movements weren't the usual pace. You were concerned, Lonnie was one of your best friends, and you wanted to make sure she was alright. You decided that you would talk to her once you got to the dorms. That way, it would be more private.

You turned your attention back to the bookshelf and fingered through the titles. Spells, Curses, and Hexes: Seriously, What's the Difference? A History of Auradon. Potions: Brew Happiness. Think Outside the Box! Building Boundaries. Wait a minute. What was with that word, boundaries, that caught your attention? Boundaries, force fields, barriers...

"Hey Mal," you said. Everyone in the room turned to you.

"Onto something?" She asked.

"Was the barrier around the Isle of the Lost ever repaired? If the shockwave from Fairy Godmother's wand put a hole in it for Maleficent to escape, other villains could escape too, right?" You asked.