Chapter XI | Spells

A/N- Operation Chad idea anyone? Also, please read my authors notes. They aren't that long. If you want to get to the story, come back after the chapter. Comment: Dude if you read this. On to the story!

(F/c)- Favorite Color

Argh, that stupid girl!!! You threw a pillow across the dorm room. It was now Thursday morning. The time read 6:00. You usually didn't wake up this early, but because of Jane, your mind was not at peace. You took your anger out on your pillows. How could Jane give Carlos a love spell!? How could she!? You were tolerant of her and Audrey, but now all your anger ignited. The memories flashed. Jane crying because she wasn't 'beautiful.' Jane whining because her mother was strict on what she could wear. Jane complaining that she needed a boyfriend. GIRLS DON'T NEED BOYFRIENDS!!! You were strong the way you are. Boyfriends aren't just a teenage 'essential.' Stupid Jane and Professor Camilia. Boyfriends are for love. Prince Charmings are overrated. Jane pitied herself. Pitying oneself doesn't get you anywhere, you thought. You hated people who pitied themselves, drowned in self pity. You hated people who pitied others. 'Oh, how unfortunate of you, let me help you. Helping those less fortunate of me is a good deed!' NO, just no. People should help others because they care, not out of pity.

Lonnie stirred. "What's with all the racket?" she asked, sitting up.

"Sorry," you apologized. All the noise must have woken you up.

"You left before the results were announced," Lonnie said, yawning. "Guess who won."

"Stupid Audrey and (b/f/n)?" You muttered, still in a bad mood.

"No, silly! We won!" Lonnie said, jumping out of the bed. You just stared at her blankly.

"If this is a joke, it's not funny," you told her.

"What's with the bad mood?" Lonnie asked. She studied you and realization hit her. "I know Audrey and (b/f/n) hurt you, last night. Do we need a Operation Audrey No. 2?"

"No, it's not that..."

Lonnie put her hand on yours. "Whatever it is, you can tell me. I'm here for you, that's what friends are for."

'That's what friends or for,' you had said to Carlos.

'I'm here for you', Carlos had told you.

You started crying-of sorrow, anger, frustration-you didn't know which anymore.

"What's wrong?" Lonnie asked, worriedly.

"J-J-Jane spelled Carlos," you cried. "The cookies, she had a love spell in them."

"Oh, that explains everything..."Lonnie trailed off. "Hey, (y/n), if you need anything, I'm here. I don't know much about magic, you should ask Mal about that, but if you need help come get me, okay?" You nodded.

"But, we really did win the competition," Lonnie said. She walked over to her dresser and got something-the friendship rings. "Here," Lonnie gave you one. You slipped the ring onto your finger. It fit perfectly. The stone turned from opaque to (f/c). Lonnie put hers on. The stone turned blue.

"I'm not really sure how it works," you admitted.

"Well, supposedly after the friends wear it, it will turn their favorite color. They should touch the rings together, and a magical reaction will occur. If the friendship is not true, the ring of the fake friend will shatter." Lonnie explained. The two of you tapped the rings together. Nothing happened.

"What if these are fake?" you asked. "The fairies could have lied!" Lonnie shrugged. She glanced at the clock. 6:15.

"How about we head over to Mal's right now," Lonnie suggested. "We can see if we can figure out this spell thing."