Chapter XVI | Encounter in the Forest

A/N: Thank you for being such wonderful readers! I hope you have a very nice Thanksgiving break (if you have one). Thanks for the ideas you comment; I'm sorry if I cannot use all of them. Every reader is 10 yrs or older, so I can make this story even more dramatic. Yay! On to the story!

You ran. You ran away from the team, all of them. Tears threatened to spill from your eyes. Were they from fear? Sorrow? No, the tears were of frustration. What did you ever do to get into this situation? Why did you have to fall for Carlos? You envied the fairy tale princesses. All they ever had to do was be pretty and get saved by a kind, handsome, and loyal Prince Charming. They never harmed a living creature, and karma was on their side.

So why wasn't it on yours?

Weren't you always trying to be the best friend? The friend that was always true?

The good child? The one to please the parents (of course, after you grew out of your mischievous ways)?

The good example? The girl that parents told their children to look up to?

Put on a fake smile, and no one can see your weaknesses.

You had to be strong; you couldn't cry, not now. You had to keep it together and solve this mess. But how? What was the solution? You were never one to give up, but it seemed hopeless. Suddenly, you bumped into someone.

"(Y/n), you okay?"

You slowly looked up. It was Carlos. Your heart raced a million miles per hour. Your head spun. You cracked. Just seeing him again: not kissing Jane, alone, almost normal... It was like a dream. The tears that you had been trying to hold streamed down your face like raindrops. Carlos wrapped his arms around you, surprising you.

"It'll be okay."

Was this a dream? Why is he doing this? Has the spell worn off? Or does he hug other people to comfort them? A million thoughts were flying through your head.

"Carlos," you whispered.

"Hmm?"

Your chin rested on his shoulder. "Why do you like Jane so much? Or, um, what do you feel for her?" You had no idea where that question came from. You guessed you just wanted to know what the love potion did to his head.

"Huh? Er, I can't really explain it. But when I see her, I just have a strong urge to kiss her. I just see how beautiful she is, and I want her to know. I feel like I want to profess my love to the world!"

"Carlos," you said, sadly. "I few days ago, even a week ago, you asked me what friendship was. And now you're talking about love like you know all about it." You whispered. "You're not understanding it. I don't think you're feeling it." Carlos's grip on you loosened a bit.

"What do you mean?" He asked with venom in his voice.

"What you have with Jane is not love-"

"I LOVE JANE! I KNOW-"

"Listen to me! If you have love, you will have hurt. You would care a lot if the person you love got hurt or if they rejected you. You would care if they got with someone else or betrayed you. Your heart would be broken. Why do you think villains are scared of love? To love? If you lose a love, what's left in life?" Your voice cracked.

"How would you know?" Carlos asked, bluntly.

"Idiot!" you cried, "Baka (Japanese for idiot. You picked it up watching anime), my best friend betrayed me! How do you think I felt when (b/f/n) abandoned me for Audrey!? How do you think I felt when the person I loved chose someone else!? Love isn't just a opposite gender thing! It isn't all 'kiss kiss, fall in love!' Love is a feeling! That's love, Carlos! You don't love Jane! You loved your mother! You cared whether she loved you or not!" You struggled to get out of his arms. Breaking free, you ran.

Carlos ran after you. You heard his footsteps loud and clear. I can't face him, not like this. Not when he's under the spell. Boys are so dense. They never have our feelings in mind. You ran into the forest, hoping to lose Carlos. Your plan backfired. Once you were in the forest, you got yourself lost. Carlos came out of nowhere and grabbed your arm.

"Let me go!" You yelled. "Leave me alone!"

Carlos pulled you closer to him. You were face-to-face. You could feel his breath. Your face flushed, your heart beat loudly. "I'm sorry," he said

"W-W-What are you sorry for?" You stuttered.

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings and being stupid. I shouldn't have asked you how you knew what love felt like," Carlos said.

"It's okay," you mumbled, letting yourself look into his eyes for the first time in forever. They were still a little bit hazy. It must be the side effect of the spell. "Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?" You asked Carlos, trying to break the awkward silence.

"No, why?"

"Your eyes..." You took out your phone and snapped a picture of him. You showed it to Carlos. "Don't they seem a bit hazy to you?" This is my chance, you thought. It is the only other solution. I could be risking everything, and he might not believe me.

"I guess it looks different."

"Carlos," you said.

"Yeah?"

"Your eyes, I think I know why they are hazy. Why you feel what you do towards Jane," you said, slowly.

"Really, why?" Carlos asked.

You took a deep breath. It's all or nothing now. "I think that Jane put a love spell on you."

🌸Vote, Comment, Read On!🌸
🍃15.18K Reads | 838 Votes | 223 Comments🍃

A/N- I figured you readers wanted some more Carlos action, so here you go. I'm not sure I did well on this chappie, so please let me know. Sorry for the cliffhanger. See you next time!