Chapter XIII | Memories

A/N- Operation Chad ideas are still acceptable.

You woke up early-around four or five in the morning. Since Fairy Godmother was making you serve all your free time after classes in the library, you decided that you would make more time for yourself in the morning. Besides, the library wasn't open yet.

You changed, brushed your teeth as quietly as possible, and snuck out of the dorm to try not to wake Lonnie up. You headed down the hallway thinking, now where can I get a bucket? You had to resort to the bucket and lake idea since there was no way you could grab Carlos and get him into the lake-unless of course, you abduct him in the morning and dunk him in. He probably would be mad at you or get sick. Or both.

You tried the janitor's closet closest to the dormitory. Locked. Typical. You headed to the kitchen, hoping to have better luck. You heard voices, so you ducked behind the door.

"No, no, no! Why is this so hard? In the history books and fantasy novels, all they had to do was rhyme!" It was Jane's voice.

"Mhm, whatever you say." You nearly choked, it was (b/f/n)!

"Not helpful!"

"Whatever, just hurry up okay? We need this to work."

"Why, exactly? I mean, she's not the boss of us."

"But we're all friends, and that's what friends are for."

"Meh, I'll do it the old fashioned way, let's go. " As Jane's and (b/f/n)'s footsteps got closer, you ducked behind a potted fake plant. When they left you went in the kitchen. What was that about? You thought. What was Jane and (b/f/n) talking about? When did they become friends. Were they in cahoots? Your thoughts were interrupted when you saw a bucket. YAS! Something finally in your favor! You grabbed the bucket and headed to the enchanted lake.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

The sky was starting to lighten a little. It was still dark enough to trip over a branch however, and the air was chilly. You pulled your jacket-er Carlos's jacket that you STILL had-a little closer. You could basically smell his scent. His laugh, his smile, would you let his life be taken away by Jane? If he liked Jane while not on a love potion, you might be jealous-fine a lot jealous, but him 'liking' her just made you angry. I wonder what Fairy Godmother would do to me if I poured a bucket of expired, melted cheese onto Jane, you thought absent-mindly. I really would if I could but I can't so I shan't, you thought. You would probably get an ISS or something. Your parents would be really angry. How would you even explain a detention?

'Oh sorry mother, father. I kinda made friends with the "bad kids" and kinda dumped paint on Audrey and kinda got detention.'

It would probably be more like:

I'msooosorrymotherandfatherImadefriendswiththe'badkids'anddumpedpaintonAudreybecauseshestolemybestfriendandgotadetentionwhichwillgoontomyrecord!

Then your mom will probably tell you to stop mumbling. Or your dad will tell you to stop talking so fast and slow down. Then afterwards, they would give you a lecture on how you disappointed them and make you feel really bad. It probably can't hurt that much, you thought, tiredly. With everything that was going on so far, you felt like you were run
over by a truck, thrown across the seven seas, and expected to smile at Jane and tell her how awesome Audrey is. In fact, getting run over by a truck would hurt less than (b/f/n)'s betrayal. Thrown across the seven seas would hurt less than seeing Jane and Carlos making out. You gripped the bucket determinedly and walked faster to the enchanted lake. You tripped over a branch.

You swore. You had no time for this, but tripping over the branch made a memory come rolling back.

🍃🌸Flash Back🌸🍃

You tripped over the steps of the elementary school's stairs, (b/f/n) behind you. "You okay?" She laughs.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The two of you headed to P.E. class, meeting the rest of your friends, talking about sports and stuff.

"-when I quit (sport you quit/sport you don't like)," you told your friends.

"What!? You quit (sport you quit/sport you don't like)!? How come you never told me?" (B/f/n) asked.

"You never asked, and its not like it's important or any-"

"One doubt leads to another," (b/f/n) said, turning away. "I'm ignoring you." And ignore she did. Ignored you for the rest of the day. You wanted to give a heartfelt apology, but your pride wouldn't allow it. When you got home and logged onto Wattpad, you saw that she stopped following you! You were so sad, heartbroken. I never understood the saying the: "When you loved someone, the two of you are one," you had thought. I love (b/f/n) as a friend, and I feel like a part of me is gone. You had bitten your lip, had tried to stop the tears. But they came. Rolling down your cheeks, falling into your lap. That character is such a crybaby!" (Another friend) had once told you. You had argued with (him/her), "No she's not! She cries because she's sad, or feeling a strong emotion!"(He/she) would call me a crybaby now, you had thought, bitterly. But I'm not a crybaby, I can scrap myself and I won't cry. I can scar myself for life and I won't make a big deal. I can fall off my bike and get up to try again. All of that is easier than this! Being ignored by a friend! It was the worst thing in the world! You ended up writing a story dedicated to (b/f/n). The message was clear: I'm sorry, please forgive me.

🍃🌸End of Flash Back🌸🍃

You wiped away some tears that had come down. Why did you remember that all of a sudden? Thinking back on it, this was not the first time (b/f/n) had hurt you. She had hurt you time and time again. You would always forgive and forget. You clenched your fists. I won't ever make that mistake again.

You spotted the bridge. Finally! You ran across the bridge to the lake. But the sight that met you made the earth itself tremble. The enchanted lake-the most beautiful place in Auradon-was dried up. Every last drop of water gone. There was nothing left of it. Nothing but a gigantic hole of stones.

🌸Vote, Comment, Read On🌸