Chapter XXV | Back in the Game

The morning classes were finally over. You had just gotten your lunch and was now walking to the enchanted lake where you were supposed to meet the others. There were so many things to discuss, so many questions to be answered.

When you neared the rendezvous point, you spotted Mal, Lonnie, and Jane. Carlos and Evie hadn't shown up yet. You remembered that you hadn't told the team about inviting Carlos and wondered if you should've let them know in advance.

When you reached the spot, you greeted them. They returned the greeting. "Do you know where Evie is?" Mal asked you.

"We thought she was with Mal, but then Mal showed up without her," Jane said.

"Well, obviously she's not with me," you replied. "By the way, I asked Carlos to come here to discuss the prophecy. That okay with you?"

"Fine with me," Mal shrugged. "We need more smart people here."

"Hey!" You, Lonnie, and Jane said.

"We might not be Einstein, but we're not stupid either," Jane said.

"And your guess is as good as mine," Lonnie added.

"My guess would be more likely, because I know the villain ways," said Mal, slyly.

"So what are we talking about?"

You jumped at the voice of Carlos that came from behind you and turned around. There he was, Carlos, with his brand new red, white, and black outfit, looking cuter and hotter than ever.

"You know what a prophecy is right?" Lonnie asked.

"Yeah, why is that even a question?" Carlos asked, eyebrows raised.

"Well you see, (y/n) found a room with real prophecies. And we think there is one prophecy that is happening. There is evidence-proof- that the prophecy is real. And we could be in a lot of trouble if it is." Lonnie explained.

"Well, let's hear it." Carlos said.

Lonnie, Jane, and Mal looked at you. Carlos followed their lead. Why did I have to memorize it, you thought, annoyed. Then you recited from memory:

The dragon will find a way to escape,
The forces of evil will finally awake.
But in the mist, a heroine shall arise.
And the rings of friendship will decide.
If the lovers connect then evil shall fall,
But it all depends on the young fairy's call.

"So, what are the signs?" Carlos asked, once you were finished.

"First of all, that." Mal pointed to the dried up enchanted lake. "Some kind of powerful magic user did something to that lake. It couldn't have been my mom since her magic doesn't have that kind of affect."

"Also it can't be Maleficent because she's a tiny lizard right now, right?" Carlos added.

"Well, the spell's supposed to wear off once she learns to love." Mal explained.

"What if she did?" Jane asked worriedly.

"Then she wouldn't be doing this world domination stuff, would she?" Mal asked.

"Just because you love, doesn't mean you're good!" Lonnie pointed out. "What if she falls in love with an evil guy and they take over the world together?"

"But my mom doesn't believe in love," Mal persisted. "'Love is for the weak' she always said."

Before the argument about Maleficent could continue, Evie came running. "Sorry I'm late," she panted. "But I just couldn't decide what purse I wanted to bring!"