Chapter XXIX | Lost and Found

A/N- Oh My Fairy Godmother. What a stressful week. My grades are still low, my mother is disappointed in me, and I'm tired as Hades. My friend is sick (please pray for her) and life has been just so-ARGH! My mom was crying (not my fault) and IDK what to do! I told her I'd be there for her, but... nothing happened. If this chapter is bad, not really my fault. Some readers requested more Carlos, so here you go. Please pray for me, it really helps. On to the story...

You stirred from your sleep due to a small tapping on the dorm door. What is it now, you tiredly thought. It's only four in the morning! You sluggishly got out of bed and creaked open the door. Carlos was standing there, shifting his feet nervously.

"Carlos, what's wrong?" You sighed.

"Dude's missing," Carlos replied, nervously. His fingers tapped his shorts repeatedly in anxiety.

Dude's not with you during four'o'clock in the morning, and you think he's missing!? Your tired I-could-care-less attitude thought this, annoyed.

"(Y/n), please," the desperation in Carlos's voice snapped you out of your tiredness.

"Yes, I'm here, fully awake." You said, quickly. "Where was the last place you saw him? I'll help you find him."

Carlos raised his eyebrows. "In your pajamas?"

You looked down and your cheeks flushed a bit at the thought of Carlos seeing you in pajamas. At least it isn't revealing, you thought. "I'm too tired to care," you responded, hoping no one saw you blush. It was too dark anyways, you hoped.

"Last thing I knew, Dude was with the cat..." Carlos trailed off.

"So, maybe the cat took him somewhere," you guessed. "I'll go check around the west wing of the campus, you can check the east."

"You mean, we-" Carlos swallowed hard, "sp-plit up?"

"We can cover more room that way."

"But, I don't want to be alo-I mean I don't want you to be alone with all the creepy statues in the hallways." Carlos whimpered.

"Carlos, just admit you're scared and come one." Carlos started to protest, but you grabbed his hand and led him towards the west wing of the campus.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

"He's not anywhere!" Carlos clenched his fists in worry. "Do you think he's okay?" You and Carlos had already checked all the hallways and rooms (allowed to students) for Dude and the cat. So far, no sign of them.

"I'm sure Dude's fine, Carlos. Don't worry, we'll find him."

"Wait, do you think-do you think that Dude left the school!? What if he left the building!?" Carlos get go of your hand and started running towards the doors to the Tourney field.

"Hey! Wait up!" You ran after Carlos, who was really fast.

"DUDE!!!" Carlos yelled. "DUDE BOY, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?" At this rate, Carlos was going to wake up the whole school. Luckily, the sound of barking was heard, and Dude came running out of the forest, his cat friend on his tail. Covered in mud, the dog's eyes leap with joy at the sight of Carlos-who was grinning ear-to-ear having found his best friend. Did Carlos ever smile like that to you? Wait, were you jealous of a dog!? You shook those disturbing thoughts out of your head.

"Boy, what did you do?" Carlos asked Dude, looking at the mud all over him. "I'll have to give you a bath." At the mention of bath, Dude shook it's head vigorously and tried to escape Carlos. "Sorry buddy, I'm not letting you off that easily." Carlos turned to you. "Wanna help me give Dude a bath."