Chapter LXVIII - The Remaining Assignment

"Settle down now, class, I know that it's tempting to speak of the weekend's transpiring, but we're all here to learn." Miss De Liliare shot you an apologetic glance. You had just entered the history classroom for the first time in a few days, and many of your peers shot you stares of curiosity. They wanted to know everything about what had happened on Saturday with Professor Camilia. You gave your history professor a small smile and slipped into your seat next to Carlos, earning 'ooohs' from the classroom. Some of them saw my confession to him, you realized, embarrassed. You sunk in your seat, flustered. Why couldn't they just mind their own businesses?

"But Professor," Seanix spoke up, "Can't we learn about Professor Camilia? Why is she a villain? I mean, a three-dimensional villain like the ones we learned about in class. Since we all know how snobbish she used to be. I honestly wasn't surprised when she was locked away into the prisons." The class snickered and remarked about the professor's old assignments. You frowned, an uneasy feeling in your stomach. As much as you hated the professor, you couldn't help to feel pity for her. Especially after her confession with Aldis. No one deserved this much hate, right?

"The principal has specifically asked me not to address that," Miss De Liliare promptly replied, "But in that topic range, one legacy of Rosada's will live on." The class stared at the history teacher in confusion.

"The end of the quarter project, of course! This Friday actually," Miss De Liliare announced, "But I have changed some of the criteria. You don't have to find a date, you only have to attend it." A wave of relief flowed through the classroom.

"Thank God. I was about to ask my cousin to pretend to my date," someone muttered.

"I was gonna bring my dog!"

"Now, you may be wondering why this project was assigned in the first place," Miss De Liliare continued. A chorus of 'yeah's echoed the room and you nodded your head in agreement. You remembered the day it was assigned like it was yesterday. Dear, we are enhancing our social skills in this project, Camilia had said. Social Studies class. Some reason that connection made perfect sense to her. Or maybe she had wanted to create social tension.  "I have actually asked myself that question: Why did Rosada assign a project such as this? What purpose could it serve? Why would Fairy Godmother approve it? And though I can't completely find out Rosada's motives, I have found some reasons to support it myself.

"Firstly, it is an excellent opportunity to celebrate the end of the quarter. You have all done a great job and deserve a party. Secondly, it is a free good grade if you attend and that's something that some of you need very much so." There were some shuffles in a few desks. "And lastly, after taking out the finding a date part, I am adding in a social analytical essay about the party. This will be a separate grade from attending." The class groaned. Of course, Miss De Liliare had to have some work involved. Perhaps it was karma for a "free day" at the Historical Museum of Dragons.

"Observe and enjoy the party. Then tell me why balls and social gatherings have been crucial to the development of Auradonian history. That's your task."

On that note, the school day revived itself and restarted on the track of work, homework, and procrastination.

༻º❀º༺

You were walking outside, enjoying the weather when you were interrupted by a call. "(Y/n)." You turned to Zylie, who had tapped on your shoulder gently. You glanced at her curiously and noticed that she was twiddling her fingers absentmindedly. It was a habit of hers when she was nervous.

"What's up?" You tilted your head, curious. Zylie didn't usually start a conversation unless it was something important. But then again, she had been brave recently. Arguably braver than anyone in Team Descendants. You stared at her in wonder. Zylie had been the one to talk to Professor Camilia and end the conflict. She was the student who had convinced Fairy Godmother to let the professor see Aldis. You couldn't help but to slightly smile at the girl. She may be the most timid girl you have met, but she had the courage of a lion.