Chapter XIX | Different Hues

A/N- Sorry for the super late update! I had to get rest and study for the IB program test that was this morning. Here is the awaited update! The extended chapter got good responses so I will do them once in a while. I attached Fairy Tail episode 2 for those who are too lazy to go search it up themselves. (episode 1 is in What Friendship Means). I hope you enjoy the chappie!

(L/y) = Last Year (IE: This year is 2015, last year is 2014)
(B/f/e/c) = Best Friend's Eye Color
(PREP/ACADEMY) = If last year, you were a freshman, pick PREP. If last year, you were in middle school, pick ACADEMY (I made academy up).

It was six o'clock on Saturday morning when you met with Jane in the kitchen to plan how to get the spell book back. "So you distract (b/f/n) somehow, and I sneak into the dorm to look for the book," Jane said, thinking of a plan.

"But how will we get in?" You asked. "It's not like Audrey or (B/f/n) would leave the dorm wide open and unlocked for anyone to come in!"

"Hmm," Jane thought for a second, "What if you go to her room and then get her away from it, somehow distracting her enough so that she leaves it unlocked?"

"Possible," you said, "But (b/f/n) is shunning me." You said this casually, but it hurt a lot inside. You were good at hiding your feelings, but you sometimes wished that someone would notice how you felt. It would tell you that they truly knew you. Sadly, the only person who could see through your acting was (b/f/n).

"You can think of a reason," Jane said, smiling. "You're smart like that."

You frowned, inwardly. Was Audrey's naive 'Oh, I'm so sorry you're down but at least I'm fine' attitude catching on? Was Jane really oblivious to your feelings? And why was she so nice? After everything that had befallen you in the past two weeks, you couldn't help but have a little bit of suspicion toward Jane's behavior. Was she able to be trusted?

"Okay," you said, faking a smile. You parted ways with Jane, heading back to your dorm room. You had some time to think of a plan, since (b/f/n) was probably not awake yet. Absentmindedly walking, you tripped over a book but thankfully caught yourself. You glanced at the title: AURADON (PREP/ACADEMY) YEAR (l/y). Getting a little distracted, you flipped through the pages to your homeroom class. You found a picture of yourself and (b/f/n) together. Things were so much different back then! A plan formulated inside your head. You put the yearbook on your bed and headed to your former dorm room.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You knocked quietly on the door, hoping that (b/f/n) would answer, not Audrey. Luckily, (b/f/n) was the one who opened the door.

"(B/f/n), I-" You said.

She interrupted, "It's okay, I forgive you."

What? That totally threw you off guard. What did she mean? Her statement made you forget your brilliant master plan. Your eyes went up to meet hers, to search for an answer.

What you saw just raised more questions. (B/f/n)'s eyes: they were different colors, different hues. One green, one purple. And you had a feeling that they weren't contacts. "I understand if you hate me now," she said, taking your hand and leading you away from the unlocked dorm room. "but I still wanna be friends!" Please hurry Jane, you thought. Take the book and run for it!

"I, Uh," you stuttered.

"Need fresh air?" (B/f/n) asked, pulling you outside.

Your mind was racing. Green and purple, green and purple. Where have you seen those colors? Mal... Maleficent? Words rang through your mind.

The dragon will find a way to escape,

You didn't want to believe it, but it was possible. The prophecy was starting. If the dragon symbolized Maleficent, that is. If you weren't hallucinating, then (b/f/n)'s eyes were really green and purple. Maleficent's colors were green and purple. What did this mean?

"Earth to...(y/n)!" (B/f/n) said, waving her hands in front of your face. "Are you tired? You seemed tired. Perhaps we need to talk about something more exciting! How about karaoke night? I heard you and Lonnie won friendship rings!"

And the rings of friendship will decide.

You were too stunned to speak. What did this all mean? You had to tell somebody soon. If Maleficent was truly returning, that would mean trouble. You put your hand on your forehead. "I think I have a headache, see you later!" You rushed back to your dorm, hoping that Jane had enough time to find Mal's spellbook.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

"So you think that Maleficent has returned?" Lonnie snorted. "Just because (b/f/n) has a green eye and a purple eye? You were her best friend, I thought you would know that she always had those eye colors."

"What?" You asked. "(B/f/n) never had those colors! She has (b/f/e/c) eyes!"

Lonnie shrugged. "As if. I don't know what you're trying to pull here, (y/n), but it's not funny."

"I'm not lying, she has (b/f/e/c) eyes!" You exclaimed. You picked up the yearbook and flipped to the class page. "See! She has..."

"A green eye and a purple eye," Lonnie replied, exasperated.

"What!?" You looked at her picture. Sure enough, her eyes were green and purple.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Jane came in.

"Jane, doesn't (b/f/n) have (b/f/e/c) eyes?" You asked her.

Jane looked at you weirdly. "No, her eyes have always been too different colors: green and purple."

"Seriously, guys, stop it! It's not funny anymore!" You shouted. Lonnie and Jane exchanged glances. It probably meant, 'she's gone crazy.'

"Her eyes are (b/f/e/c)," you whispered, almost believing that you were going crazy.

"Anyways," Jane interrupted the 'eye' argument, "I found the book! I flipped to the page of the spell I used and ta-da! The counter spell is to have the person it is casted on to kiss the person they liked before the spell."

"But what if we don't know who he liked?" You asked. Lonnie and Jane gave you a 'seriously?' look.

"You want me to kiss him?" You squeaked. Lonnie nodded, but Jane just looked sad.

"You'll find your guy someday," Lonnie told Jane, "But trust me, you don't need a guy to be happy. Just be yourself!"

Jane and Lonnie chit-chatted away merrily, while you were in deep thought. There were three things bothering you.

Firstly, you had to kiss Carlos. You haven't kissed anyone like that before!

Secondly, you could swear that (b/f/n)'s eyes were a different hue. Not green and purple.

Last, the words that kept repeating themselves in your head. It was unavoidable. It was coming true. Whether Lonnie or Jane believed you or not, the prophecy was real.

The dragon will find a way to escape,
The forces of evil will finally awake.
But in the mist, a heroine shall arise.
And the rings of friendship will decide.
If the lovers connect then evil shall fall,
But it all depends on the young fairy's call.

🌸Vote, Comment, Read On🌸
🍃31.54K Reads | 1.59K Votes | 598 Comments🍃

A/N- Thank you all so much for reading my story! If you like it, please vote. If I made the mystery too obvious, please let me know. Have a great day/night!

(>^-^)>Dream_Givers<(^-^<)