Chapter LXII - Teachers, Actors, and Problems

You couldn't believe how fast a week could fly by when so much was on your palette. You had piles of homework building up due to the approaching end of the quarter, a play to rehearse for, training for magic, and a prophecy to unravel. Nevertheless, the week had zoomed by quickly and you couldn't help to feel the nervous energy around everyone, especially Zylie. Today was her special day after all.

After weeks of practice, the deadline for the play had finally come to its conclusion: today was the day. Thankfully, there were changes made to the script so you wouldn't have to worry (too much) about its prior cringe worthy narration.

At the moment, you were sitting in your dorm room wondering what to do with the spare time that you had on your hand before the play. Zylie was already down in the auditorium, being one of the leads, and the makeup artists like Evie were making sure that she had everything perfect down to the last eyelash. Mal was also behind the stage, checking that all of the artwork and backdrops that she had worked on was functioning and well. You guessed that Ben was accompanying her. Lonnie was up in the sound room, looking over the tracks for the play. Jane and Doug were asked by Fairy Godmother to help print the information booklets for the guests. Carlos was working with some other Auradon kids to check the technology for the play. You were the only one who didn't play an important role to be called up early or a role in the mechanics of the play. Which brought you to where you were now: cuddled up with a plushie of (favorite animal/animal character) on your bed, contemplating what to do with this time.

You could always relax by taking a nap or doing (favorite hobby), but since all of your friends were working hard to prepare for the play, you felt motivated to do something as well. Your mind drifted to the prophecy and the Historical Museum of Dragons field trip. Something about that whole trip unsettled you. You weren't sure if it was Professor Camilia's presence, her suspicions of Miss De Liliare, or the fact that the rings of friendship story of the Great Dragon War was mentioned, but something about that whole trip definitely set off the alarm bells in your mind.

"Do you know the story, Professor?" Carlos had asked.

"Actually, it was part of the curriculum when I was a little girl."

When I was a little girl...

An idea suddenly popped into your head and you rushed to the library. If Miss De Liliare or Professor Camilia had any clue to the mystery or any connection to the prophecy at all, maybe you could find out by looking at any records of them. And your best bet was the old yearbooks that the library collected.

"Good afternoon," you greeted the librarian. "Do you know where the yearbook collection is kept?" The librarian showed you to a corner of the library, furthest from the forbidden section.

"We have yearbooks from all over Auradon," the librarian bragged proudly, "from many renown schools, not just our own. I'm actually one of the staff who've been assigned to look over this category. It's amazing, isn't it?"

You nodded in agreement. It must be quite the task to collect yearbooks from schools across Auradon every year. You felt bad for the librarian that had to do that.

"If you have any questions, feel free to ask me."

"Actually," you said, "do you know which yearbooks have my teachers in them?"

"Ahh," the librarian grinned, "You want to pull a fast one on them, eh?"

You grinned back, "It is my last year with Miss De Liliare and Professor Camilia before I  move onto Auradon Histories. I might as well make the most of it."

"Very well," the librarian pulled out eight year books, "we only collect high school yearbooks. Here are Professor Camilia's. She used to attend Auradon Prep. And Miss De Liliare's. She went to Divination Academy, quite far from here actually. I'm surprised a graduate of that school became a Social Studies professor. Nevertheless, is that all you need?"

"Yes, thank you so much," you took the yearbooks and placed them on a nearby table. You opened Miss De Liliare's yearbooks. She seemed to go to a school based on divination and predictions of the future. She graduated as top of her class. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until your mind made a sudden connection. Seeing into the future was an ability related to prophecies. Though the stretch was too far for you to really connect Miss De Liliare to anything that was going on.

You set the Divination Academy books away and opened the Auradon Prep ones. Professor Camilia was really pretty back then, you thought to yourself. Her smile looked pure and genuine, nothing like the smile she gave nowadays. Or maybe that was just the work of camera editing. Other than that, there wasn't anything interesting in the books. You sighed. Why were you always barking up the wrong bush?

You started to close the book, but a page splashed with a familiar red color caught your eye. You turned to that page.

In big fancy letters, the words "Great Dragon War play" splattered over half of the page. You read the little paragraph below it:

Auradon Prep presents you the play of the Great Dragon War. In the country of Gon Sai, there lived two powerful mages, Judelia and Alineya. One day, a wicked man known for his silver tongue found Alineya alone on the road. He manages to convince her to abandon her friendship with Judelia as well as her country. Will Judelia be able to save her country and her friend before it's too late?

You looked to the next page with the students in the play and froze. Next to Professor Camilia's name was the character titled Alineya, "the Dragon". You abruptly stood up from your chair and reached for your phone. Unfortunately, you had forgotten it in your dorm room on your rush to the library.

You started to head back to your room until the intercom rang and called for all participants of the play to report to the auditorium. You inwardly cursed at yourself. This information would have to wait until the end of the play.

As you ran to the auditorium, ideas and questions spun in your mind. Was Professor Camilia the dragon since she played that character in the play? But that wouldn't make sense. How would she be "escaping"?  Was Alineya the dragon then? That was her title, right? Was it possible that she could come back to life and escape somehow? Or was this all a big coincidence?

Only time could tell.

🌸Vote, Comment, Feedback, Read On🌸
🍃509K Reads | 19.7K Votes | 14.5K Comments🍃

Worse chapter ending by far. Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on? Any theories? I'd be interested to hear them. Hopefully the next chapters will be better than this one.

#I'mTiredAndCan'tEdit