Chapter XXXXV | Two Hours

A/N: I forgot to mention it last time, but thank you MartianDreamerXoXo for giving the idea that the group should "dabble in magic" :) Now, onto the story!

You didn't even bother knocking when you reached Carlos's dorm room. You barged right in. "Carlos," you said urgently, "are you done with that anti-magic barrier device? We need it ASAP." Carlos looked up from the notes he was reading over.

"I haven't started making it yet, I'm just making sure my calculations are correct on my notes right now. Why do you need it so soon?" Carlos asked.

"Mal just realized that her mother's dragon transformation has a cool-off time before she can transform again. That cool off time is in two hours, so if we don't put up that barrier up 'till then, Maleficent can transform and escape!"

Carlos's eyes filled with worry. "I'll get working then," he said, "but there's no guarantee that my first idea will work. I might have to revise it." Carlos paused, thinking for a second or two. "Can you help me?"

"I don't know how much help I'd be," you admitted, "but I'll help in any way that I can."

You ended up being Carlos's supply fetcher, like the minions or assistants you see in movies. "Pliers," Carlos requested. You walked over to his toolbox (which was a few steps away), grabbed the pliers, and handed them to Carlos. "Triple 'A' batteries." You repeated the process but got the batteries from his desk across the room. "Nails." Once again the process repeated, the list going on and on. "Anti-Magical Counter-Balance control device," Carlos asked.

"What?" You asked, confused. Carlos gave you directions on where the device was and what it looked like. You crouched down near his bed and looked under, taking a device with some sort of mineral on it. "This?" You asked.

"Bingo," Carlos said. You gave it to him and received a thanks. He did a few things you did not understand to the device, then said, "Finished. Now we need to test it. I'll put up the barrier around my room. Got any magic on you?"

"I am magic," you joked, but pulled out the spellbook. "There's probably a spell in here that I could try."

"You know magic?" Carlos asked, surprised.

"Long story," you told him. "I'll explain later." You flipped through the spellbook, your eyes scanning the pages. "Here's a safe spell to try," you said, "the cleaning spell. If your device doesn't work, it will clean up the mess we made to create it. Here goes nothing." You chanted the spell:

"I made a mess

And since I'm lazy

Clean up this junk,

It's driving me crazy."

You pointed your finger at the mess, channeling your energy through it. A second passed. Two. You let out the breath you didn't know you were holding. "Did it work?" You asked Carlos. He smiled.

"Yes, it worked, thanks for the help," Carlos said, undoing the barrier around his room and picking up the device.

"No, it's all thanks to you," you told him.

Carlos smiled at you again, making your heart beat a little bit faster. "Well, it was a team effort. Now you said Mal needed this? Lead the way!"

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You had led Carlos to the front of the school where Mal had the car ready. The rest of Team Descendants-minus Jane- were there too. The two of you hopped into the car, and as soon as the door closed Ben, the driver of the day, took off.