Chapter XXII | Kiss the Girl

A/N: I wrote this chapter in a rush and I hope I did okay. Please let me know in the comments. Thanks! Feedback is really helpful, especially for the romance parts. I honestly have never been in a relationship so I don't know how everything goes. If you have suggestions, please comment them.

Wow, this story is rated #182 in fanfiction now. Let's try and get it to the 1-100s! I'm thinking about entering this story in the Wattys2016 when it is started, of course if the story meets the requirements. What do you think? Anyways, thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Have a great day/night! On to the story!

(T/o/h) - Type of Hair I.E: Cute, Cool, Classic (more of a description than a type, sorry)

Since of stupid detention, the date wasn't set until after dinner, when the library was closed. You couldn't help but feel excited and nervous at the same time. You even tried to calm yourself down by telling yourself that this wasn't actually a date since Carlos was under a love spell. It didn't help at all because love spell or not, Carlos was still...Carlos. You were really nervous. What if you didn't do something right? What if you couldn't get Carlos to kiss you and break the spell? What if you messed up and made a fool of yourself?

"You okay, (y/n)?" Lonnie asked, "You've been staring off to space for five minutes."

"I'm fine," you lied.

"Are you nervous about the date?" Lonnie asked, "You don't have anything to worry about! Carlos likes you. And if you're worried you can't kiss him, I have backup." She smiled mischievously.

"I'm fine, all cool and collective. Not panicking at all," you said, sarcastically. "It's not like this would be my first date or possibly my first kiss."

"OMA, this is your first date?" Lonnie asked.

"I have never had any interest in boys till the VKs showed up," you admitted. "And why are you acting like Evie? Since when did you become the matchmaker? A week ago, weren't you all like, 'I don't need a boyfriend!'?"

"I'm just excited for my best friend!" Lonnie exclaimed.

"W-We're best friends?" You asked, thoughts shooting back to (b/f/n) and her green and purple eyes.

Lonnie's smile faded at your question. "Of course, well you're my best friend. Whether I'm yours is a different story."

You pulled Lonnie into a hug. "Don't be like that, silly. We are best friends." Lonnie's smile returned.

"Now let's get to detention!"

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You groaned and flopped onto your bed, miserably. "I don't know what to wear!"

"Don't worry, I'm here!" Evie said. Lonnie, Mal, and Evie were over at your dorm helping you prepare for the date. Although Jane seemed to be over Carlos, you didn't tell her about the date just in case. You didn't want to trust someone just to have them betray you all over again. "This outfit is the best!" Evie declared. She tossed you the outfit and you went into the closet to try it on. "You look totally fabu!" Evie squealed.

"Hair time," Mal said. She studied your outfit to decide what would look best on you. "Beware forswear, turn the old hair to (t/o/h) hair!"

"Wow," you said, taking a look at yourself in the mirror.

"Have fun!" Lonnie told you.

You headed out to meet Carlos, taking nothing but his jacket that you still had to return.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

The stars that were twinkling in the sky brought déjà vu of the night Carlos brought you to the enchanted lake. You were supposed to meet him there tonight, but the view wouldn't be as splendid as before. You wondered if Carlos knew the lake was dried up.