Chapter XII | Detention

A/N: Hey readers! Operation Chad ideas are still open. Also, I usually update this on Fridays or Saturdays in the nighttime.(US) Quiet readers, a comment would be nice. I read all of your comments and try to answer them. Say Auradon if you read this! Check out my website: http://dream-givers.bravesites.com/

Guess what! Descendants 2 has been confirmed!! YES! There is also going to be a sequel to the book, coming out 2016. Sorry for the LOOONG author's note. Thanks to all who read it. One more question: Are all of you readers at least 10 years old? I need to get an idea of the audience so I know how much action I can add. On to the story:

(L/n)- Last name

The dreaded Social Studies Class. Surprisingly, Professor Camilia didn't say anything to you about running out on Monday. She even gave you an 'A' for your essay. Carlos wasn't in your class today. Jay was, but he was in the back row, eyeing a pretty girl.

Your thoughts were on Carlos- you zoned out all the essays being read. Every time you thought of him with Jane, you felt all twisted inside, as if there was a huge knot in your stomach. You needed to think of how to undo the love spell.

"At the lake-" Jordan was reading from her essay. Wait a minute. The lake... What did Mal say about a lake? You thought for a moment. The memory snapped into place:

"It wore off," Mal had said, "and I wasn't good then."

"How did it wear off?" Jane had asked.

"Well, it washed off in the enchanted lake."

That's it! You thought, excitedly. All you had to do was dunk-er- get Carlos into the enchanted lake! Or at least dump a bucket of enchanted water on his head if you had to. You were so engrossed, planning what to do you hadn't realized the bell had rung. You jumped out of your seat and started to collect your stuff.

"Miss (l/n)," Professor Camilia said from behind you. You spun around.

"Yes, professor?"

"I am giving you a warning. Do not argue back with the teacher, like you did on Monday. I would give you a slip, but what you did for your friend on Monday was sweet. Or if I dare say, lover."

"Eh?" You stuttered, slightly embarrassed.

"He would be perfect to ask to the party for the quarter project, don't you think?" Professor Camilia stated as-a-matter-of-fact. "Anyways, the Headmistress would like to see you in the library. I don't know why so don't ask. Ta-ta!" She left right afterwards.

And she wonders why she isn't anyone's favorite teacher, you thought. Then, you headed to the library.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You were sitting in the library. So was Mal, Evie, Doug, Ben, Jay, Lonnie, Carlos, and some reason Jane.

"You are all here," Fairy Godmother began her lecture, "because you disgraced another student. I heard that you bullied her, the last incident was pouring a bucket of black paint on her head. That is un-exceptable. I expected more from you children."

"You are all here today to serve your detention." She led all of you to the restricted section of the library. "The restricted section, as you all know, is restricted to students. What you don't know is why it is restricted. We keep all books and scrolls that we don't have time to sort in here. I want you to spend your afternoons and weekends in here, sorting the books and scrolls out into the public area. You will not leave until library closing hours. You will not stop until all of them are sorted, understood!?" You all nodded. "My daughter Jane, has volunteered to keep an eye on you."

You frowned. Carlos smiled at Jane. Your heart dropped. Why am I feeling this? Why am I so jealous? I only want my friend back...right? Why do I want to march up to Jane and punch her in the guts? You turned away before you could do anything. You heard Fairy Godmother leave.

"This is messed up!" Jay said. "Why are we even here!? Our team needs us! It's the championship and they just lost three of their best players!"

"Operation Audrey was worth it," Mal said, "Besides, we might find something interesting in here." She picked up a book.

"So what? I never volunteered for it," Jay muttered. "Audrey isn't that bad, I don't understand why we need 'revenge'."

"So you like her?" Lonnie asked.

"So what if I do?" Jay shot back.

"Guys, get a room," you heard Evie say. You looked over and saw Jane kissing Carlos. You clutched your stomach, wanting to throw up. Since you couldn't leave this place till closing hours, you headed farther into the restricted section to escape Jane.

Your head felt woozy. Why did it hurt so much when Jane kissed Carlos? You grabbed a book to support yourself. Suddenly, the shelf parted. A small staircase appeared, leading down into some kind of room, dimly lit by candles. Out of curiosity, you headed down the stairs. Some exploring wouldn't hurt.

The room was small, about the size of a tiny portable. It was dimly lit, the walls casting the shadows of the objects in it. It had bookshelves on the wall closest to the staircase. On the far wall was a mirror. The mirror was obviously old, some of the glass cracked. To the left of the mirror was a rusty, mahogany table. There were scrolls stacked on top of it and some on the ground near it. The wall on the left had some sort of chemistry lab. It consisted of a table with beakers, vials, and microscopes all over it. Weird, you thought, heading into the room. What was all of this? Did the school know about this room? You headed over to the mirror and looked at your reflection.

For some reason, it seemed to be bulging. The mirror was changing colors. It was doing something... White words started to appear on it. You backed up. This was giving you the creeps. No such things as ghosts, right? You couldn't take your eyes of the mirror. It kept writing words in white. You read it.

The dragon will find a way to escape,
The forces of evil will finally awake.
But in the mist, a heroine shall arise.
And the rings of friendship will decide.
If the lovers connect then evil shall fall,
But it all depends on the young fairy's call.

The mirror stopped writing after that. Without thinking, you grabbed a blank scroll and a quill and wrote the mirror's message down. You had a feeling this was important. It sounded almost like a...prophecy. When you grabbed the scroll, you noticed the other ones had words written on them. You grabbed one and read it:

Turned sixteen a choice will be made,
The future's foundation will all be laid,
In the hands of an artistic little fairy,
In the hands of a princess who is quite merry.
In the hands of an athletic thief of stuff,
In the hands of a smart little boy with luck.
The future of Auradon is rather told,
In this story of acceptance as it unfolds.

You were shocked. You nearly dropped the scroll. These were prophecies! The one you just read foretold Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos coming to Auradon! What did it mean, the prophecies? What was this room? Did you just witness a new prophecy? One that would come true? You looked behind you. Did no one notice you were gone? Rings of friendship, the prophecy had said. You looked at your ring, with the (f/c) stone. Were you a part of this prophecy?

This room... Was it some sort of magical place? The mirror...The lab...The bookshelves! You ran over to them. If you were right...You grabbed a book. Spells. You flipped through the pages. Was there one on reversing love spells?

"(Y/N)!!!" You heard Lonnie shout. You put the book back and ran up the staircase. You slid the book on the outside back and the bookshelves once again covered the staircase. Did you want to tell your friends about this room? Not yet. Not till you found something helpful. If you told someone, Jane would probably find out. You didn't want some other love spell falling into her hands. You headed towards the voice of Lonnie.

🌸Vote, Read, Comment🌸