Chapter LII | Beware, Forswear

"So this is how we're going to do this," Mal said, "The magic in this room is obviously very old and advanced magic. These books seem to contain secrets that even my mother doesn't know. Therefore, I'll read some of this book to you all and then we will try some activities. I'll also give you guys a few tips and tricks I learned from magic so far." Everyone nodded, agreeing.

"Chapter one is called 'More Than Magic'," Mal said. "Congratulations," she read, "you, the reader, have committed yourself to learning magic by not stopping at the introduction. Either that or you were so excited that you skipped to the first chapter."

"Who wrote this book?" Evie asked, "Cause I like the writing."

Mal turned the book around and looked in the front covers. "It doesn't say," she answered. Mal then continued to read. "Now that you've committed yourself to magic, there is one important concept that you need to learn. Magic is not just beams of light, or powerful spells and incantations that someone could create. Magic is not just something that is controlled or created. Magic is within you, around you. It is just like energy, it cannot be created or destroyed. Magic can change forms, such as spell-magic, curse-magic, or even fire magic or ice magic. Each type of magic depends on the wielder of the magic."

"Wow, I never knew magic could be so scientific," Evie said.

"Therefore, the strength of magic does not depend on the strength of the user. Magic comes from the wielder's heart and determination. Magic is fueled by the different desires and passions that a person has. This is why there are different type of magic users out in the world."

"While you learn magic, you will notice that your magic will be a different color than the magic of the ones around you. This is perfectly normal. Each color signifies the type of person you are: your goals, heart, wishes, etc. Just know that while you are learning magic, you might also discover a bit more about yourself that you never knew before." Mal closed the book shut. "Well, that was chapter one. Let's try some simple spells. I suggest you all try the new hair-do spell. It is pretty simple and is one of my favorite spells. Plus, it lets you put your own input into it."

"Okay, so what do we do?" Lonnie asked.

"Okay, watch. All you have to do us say these words and add what type of hair you want," Mal said. She turned to Evie. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with new hair!" As Mal said the words and pointed at Evie, a soft green light came out of her fingertips. It touched her hair and transformed it into a fashionable high ponytail. Evie touched her hair and looked in the mirror.

"Not too bad," she told Mal. "But I like my old hair better." Evie looked at herself in the mirror and pointed her finger at her hair. "Beware, forswear, turn my new-do into old hair!" A royal blue shot out of her fingertips and into her hair. A few seconds later, Evie's hair was all white and crispy. She screamed and everyone covered their ears.

"MAL, WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?" Evie shrieked.

"Calm down, Eves, you just wasn't specific enough. The thing with these spells, you have to be confident and know what you're doing. You also have to try to be specific as possible with your words, or it could go a different way. Who wants to try and fix Evie's hair?" You raised your hand and Mal nodded in permission.

You took a deep breath and pointed your finger at Evie's hair. "Beware, forswear, make the old hair normal hair!" A beam of (f/c) light came out of your fingers and went into Evie's hair. You could feel the magic energy flow inside of you and out through your fingers. Evie's hair shifted back to its normal hue, but now it looked just like your hairstyle.

"It looks like you consider your hair, normal hair, (y/n)," Mal said. "Anyone else want to take a try to fix it?"

Lonnie stepped up. "Beware, forswear, make the normal curly hair!" Out of Lonnie's fingertips was a sky blue light. It whirled around Evie's hair, and soon it was a mess of frizz and curls.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO MY HAIR!?" Evie gasped. "My poor baby." Mal rolled her eyes.

"It'll be fixed sooner or later," Mal said. "Next."

"Beware, forswear, turn Evie's hair to something cool like, um, Queen Elsa's hair!" A beam of soft pink light whizzed from Jane's fingertips and into Evie's hair.

"Are you serious?" Mal asked, "Elsa's hair?"

"Ooh, this braid doesn't look quite that bad on me," Evie said.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to try," Zylie said.

"Go ahead," Mal said.

"Beware, forswear, replace the braid with Evie's original hair!" As Zylie pointed her finger, a steady beam of yellow light came out and surrounded Evie's hair. After swirling around, the magic did its thing and Evie's hair was back to normal.

"Wow, I should have thought of that," Lonnie said, "I thought curly would work though..."

"Well, it looks like we know what to work on right now," Mal said, "Specifics of a spell. Now this was enough magic and lessons for the day. Meet here again tomorrow after the practice for the play for more magic learning. Of course, we'll also have that half an hour of searching for clues." Everyone nodded and headed their own ways to do their own activities.

So my magic is (f/c), you thought. Wasn't that the same color the ring of friendship turned for you? Now that you thought about it, Lonnie's ring had turned blue, the same color of her magic. What did the stones on the rings mean? What connections did they have with magic? Questions swirled in your mind as you headed to the cafeteria for dinner, and the questions would continue to follow you until the mystery was solved.

🌸Vote, Comment, Feedback, Read On🌸
🍃252.06K Reads | 12.05K Votes | 6.71K Comments🍃

Hello fellow Dreamers,

Sorry if the cover looks a little different...I accidentally had a "cover reset" problem and didn't have the old cover picture so, yeah. I took a screenshot and cropped the old picture...

Thank you all so much for the advice on school! First week went by (it felt like four months) and it wasn't too bad. I know how periods work now and I know my way around school. Unfortunately, all I do at lunch is sit with fellow classmates and read Wattpad. I am not very social and don't tend to start conversations. ;-; Well, life story time is over, but thanks for supporting me Dreamers! We're all like a Wattpad family!

I hope that this chapter didn't bore you to death, and I apologize that the update was late. I was just knocked out yesterday because of all the school work. Now I feel bad for that one kid that wanted to join World History class a week late...he has summer assignments, three tests, and an essay to catch up on... Well, anyways, feel free to leave ideas and suggestions (and tysm for all the ideas @MartianDreamerXoXo ) Also, don't forget to vote for the stories that you like for the Wattys (it doesn't have to be mine, but as a reminder, this story IS entered).

Have a great day/night!

~Dream_Givers