Chapter XXIV | New Faces

A/N- I'm sorry if the plot is kind of twisting and changing in so many different directions. Hopefully, you can keep up with it. I promise that it will all make sense in the end! :) Anyways, midterms are over, so I can get back to my normal updating schedule. On a side note, if you want me to check out your stories, private message me. That way, I'll see it and not forget about it or lose track of it in the comments section. Also, I found a really funny YouTube video that I wanted to share with you readers. It's called: Anime VS Real Life - School. I tried to attach it, but Wattpad's been having problems. Now, on to the story!

Ugh, Monday. The worst day of the week. The day that school continues after a weekend. If you could say a horror story in one word: Monday, you remembered someone saying.

Today you were going to meet with Mal, Lonnie, Evie, and Jane at the dried up enchanted lake during lunch period to talk about the prophecy. You made a mental note to tell Carlos about it and bring him along too. Hopefully, Jane wouldn't mind. It wasn't like the two of you were going to make out all day. You could spend all day writing a list of why to not make out every minute. It would go something like this: First of all, there are so many other important things to be doing. Second of all, that would be spreading a lot of germs. And third of all, you had public decency, thank you very much.

But before you could meet, there was one obstacle in your way: classes. You had to find a time to tell Carlos about it. The two of you had Social Studies together, maybe you could tell him them.

You dragged yourself out of bed, brushing your teeth, changed, and woke Lonnie up. The two of you headed for breakfast then parted ways.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

When you arrived at Social Studies class, you noticed that Professor Camilia was standing to the side talking with a young woman. In contrast to Professor Camilia's usual attire of suits and skirts, the woman was wearing a brown leather jacket an black jeans. Not a common sight in Auradon.

Since the teacher seemed preoccupied, you got your materials ready and walked over to Carlos's desk. "Hey," you said.

"What's up?" Carlos asked.

"At lunch period, could you meet at the enchanted lake please? There's something important that you have to know about."

"Okay?" Carlos said, quizzically. He was probably wondering what was going on.

You ran back to your seat when you saw Professor Camilia walk to the front of the classroom out of the corner of your eye. She looked more annoyed than usual today.

"Attention class," Professor Camilia said. "I would like you to meet Miss Evelyn De Liliare." The young woman walked up to the front of the classroom, her combat boots not making as much noise as Professor Camilia's heels usually did.

Professor Camilia faked a smiled. "Miss Liliare has been hired as a second Social Studies teacher." You looked around and saw the same emotion in everyone's faces: surprise. Everyone knew that there had always been one Social Studies teacher for the past ten years. No one else wanted the job but Professor Camilia. Now, the professor wasn't happy because someone else wanted to take some of her income. "Miss Liliare will teach you for this period," Professor Camilia said. "And I will decide which classes I will take, and which ones she will take." She scanned the faces of her students. "This does not mean you are excused from Finding An In Love. Miss Liliare has agreed to have that for her classes too. That is all." Professor Camilia headed to the back of the room and sat down in a chair.

Miss Liliare now had the class to herself. "Thank you for the introduction, Rosada." She turned to the class. "As Professor Camilia said, my name is Evelyn De Liliare. You may call me Miss Evelyn or Miss De Liliare." She snuck a glare at Professor Camilia, probably for calling her Miss Liliare and not Miss De Liliare. The two teachers had a silent staring contest.