Chapter XXXI | A Piece of the Puzzle

Food, your stomach demanded. Food, and now! You hurriedly grabbed your lunch and speed walked to the Team Descendants table. But before you could reach it and enjoy a delicious lunch, someone caught your eye. The girl from earlier was holding a tray, looking around uncertainly at the lunch tables. You started heading towards her direction, but someone else walked in front of you.

"Hey, (y/n)," (B/f/n) greeted, her green and purple eyes gazing at you. "Are you feeling better?" You must have looked as confused as you felt because she continued, "last time we talked, you had a headache."

"Oh, um, yes. Yes, I'm feeling much better." You said, not knowing what to say. There was now a ridge between the two of you. A gap that couldn't be repaired. You felt like you no longer knew (b/f/n). Was this her? Was it the eyes that threw you off, or was it something more? An awkward silence fell among you.

"Well, I better get going then," (b/f/n) sighed. "I'll catch up with you later?" She walked away, past the new girl, towards Audrey. You headed to the new girl, your thoughts getting mixed up, jumbled around. You just needed a moment to steady everything. A moment to get everything under control. You took a deep breath, hoping to calm yourself. It didn't help much, but it gave you a few seconds to relax and not think of anything but taking the breath.

"Hi," you greeted. As the freshman turned her long blond hair spun around with her, her hazel eyes sparkled with recognition.

"H-H-hi," she stuttered.

"Do you want to come sit with me?" You asked.

"R-R-Really?" She asked, "You want me, to sit with you?" You tilted your head.

"You actually want me to sit with you," she repeated.

"Of course," you replied confused.

"I-I-I'll give it a try," she said, brightly. You headed to the Descendants table and she followed you.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

"Who's this?" Mal asked, as the girl sat down next to you.

"If you don't want me here, I'll go," the freshman said, quickly standing up.

"No, no, no, that's not what I meant, sit down," Mal said, quickly. The girl sat back down.

The small conversations at the table stopped, as everyone looked over at you, Mal, and the girl.

"So, what's up?" Mal asked.

"Audrey was being a total jerk this morning," you said.

"What did she do this time?" Evie sighed. "If only she could get the punishment she deserves."

"She picked on this new student," you explained.

"She wasn't really-" The girl meekly said.

"Audrey that b-" Mal started. Ben cleared his throat.

"That brat," Mal ended. Ben smiled at her. Jane watched this exchange wistfully.

"So welcome to the school," Carlos said. "I'm Carlos."

"And I'm Ben."

"Mal."

"(Y/n)."

"Evie."

"Lonnie."

"Doug."

"Jane."

"W-W-Wow, nice to meet you," the girl said. "My name is-"

"AUDREY!!!!" The princess's name was roared across the lunch area. All eyes darted to the commotion. Chad Charming marched in, half his hair shaved off and a mustache drawn on his face.