Chapter XXXXIX | Answers Yet Questions

(B/f/l/n) - best friend's last name
(Y/l/n) - your last name

"The Enchanted Flower?" Ben asked, while backing the car out of the parking lot. "Are you asking for a specific enchanted flower? Because I'm sure there are many different ones. The one I'm most common with is the enchanted flower in my parent's story, the rose in the upper chambers. It's more commonly known as the Enchanted Rose."

"I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking for," you admitted. "According to a sign I saw, the Enchanted Flower went missing, it doesn't say anything more that showed which or what enchanted flower it was."

"So basically it could be any enchanted flower, even the one from the Rapunzel story," Mal concluded. "Why do you want to know anyways? If I gathered correctly, you saw a missing sign of a enchanted flower and want to find it?"

"Not exactly," you said, "but close enough. A few minutes ago, I saw a missing sign for an enchanted flower. The sign gave brief information, but one thing was enough to make it stand out to me. The flower went missing a few weeks ago, around the same time the enchanted lake's water dried up. To me, this isn't just a coincidence. So I thought that knowing more about the flower could help us. I'm sure that there's a connection between the flower and the lake but I'm not sure what it is yet. Unfortunately, there are different enchanted flowers so the connections will be harder to draw. There is one obvious connection though, both the Enchanted Lake and Enchanted Flower have one word in common- enchanted." You paused, letting everyone take the information in. "I think it would be best to start by looking into that word. I know that enchanted has the root word, enchant, in it. Enchant has to do with magic, and it's kind of like putting a spell on someone, correct?"

"Something like that," Mal said.

"But if something is enchanted, it has magic or a spell casted on it, I believe," you said. "So why would two enchanted things go missing?"

Mal snapped her fingers. "The Enchanted Lake can dispel any magic or spells. It's kind of like healing. If the enchanted flower we're talking about is the one from Rapunzel, perhaps the thing they have in common are their healing properties."

"If we're talking about properties," Carlos said, "don't they both have magical properties? Being enchanted and all."

"But who would want two enchanted things with magical healing properties?" Jane asked. "What villain would want something that rebuilds and creates, instead of destroy or destruct?"

"It doesn't necessarily have to be villains that steal and do bad things," you said, "but whoever is doing this must have a reason. We should dig into it more tomorrow, after school. But for now, we're back at Auradon Prep and it's time to get some rest."

Everyone exited the car and headed back to their dorm rooms. You had a lot going on, and a lot to think about, but today you learned that sometimes you had to take a break and start it fresh again another day.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You went to Social Studies class as early as possible that Monday. You even had to drag yourself out of the bed. You had already gotten all your materials in a bag, so all you had to do was quickly grab the bag and make your way to the classroom.

Thankfully, Miss De Liliare was there early too. If not, your efforts of waking up with out complaints on a Monday (okay, maybe a little grumbling) would have been in vain. You were never a morning person anyways.

Miss De Liliare looked up from her lesson plans when you came in. "You're early today," she commented, "what's up?"

You liked how Miss De Liliare talked to her students like a normal person, instead of speaking formally all the time. All the 'how may I be of service' and 'how do you fare' were getting to you. Could none of the Auradonian royalty speak normally?