Chapter LXVI - Here For You

If the silence in the office could kill, the continent of Auradon would be breathless.

You were standing in Fairy Godmother's office, with Team Descendants, Professor Camilia, and the principal herself gathered around in a circle. The air was as stagnant as everyone's faces, and the lighting was gaunt and pale. Time seemed to pass as slowly as the dust particles that danced around the room where the light shone through the window. No one had said anything when all of you had gathered in the room. It was as if everyone was waiting for someone else to talk.

Unable to hold your nervousness any longer, you shifted nervously and peeked around, scanning the faces of everyone there. Fairy Godmother stared expectingly at Professor Camilia, waiting for an explanation. The history professor, on the other hand, stared aimlessly at nothing in particular, seemingly lost in thoughts and not ready to give an explanation anytime soon. Perpendicular to Fairy Godmother was Jane, whose shoulders were stiff. Once in a while, the principal's daughter would glance around, her eyes asking the question that you were thinking, "when is someone going to break the ice?"

Whenever you or Jane looked at Mal, the daughter of Maleficent would shrug, her hands crossed in a defensive position. You could imagine that her pride had been hurt in the fight earlier-she was supposed to be the leader of the group, the expert in magic, the strength of the team, but instead, she couldn't even scratch Camilia. Evie and Lonnie, on the other hand, looked angry. They both stared at Professor Camilia, waiting for a response. Between the silence in the room and the anger emanating from the two...you weren't sure which was worse.

In complete honesty, you didn't know exactly how you felt yourself. The events that happened today...it all felt surreal. Fantasy like. It felt like everything had been thrown in your face at once and you didn't know how to process it. It felt jumbled up and mixed together as if you'd ask your friend for a pack of cards in order, but when passing it to you it fell on the ground and scattered everywhere. All you knew right now was that nothing made sense. Why did Professor Camilia stop her months of planning just because of something Zylie said? Why did Professor Camilia have to follow her "plan" anyways? Why was it so important to her? Why did Zylie sympathize with her and how was it even possible to sympathize with her?

Your thoughts-and the silence-were finally broken when a voice piped up, "I'm sure Fairy Godmother will listen to you fairly, Professor." Your head snapped up in surprise at the soft voice that had spoken. Zylie stood in-between Fairy Godmother and Professor Camilia, her hands together at her lap. You watched as she tightened her grip nervously then took a deep breath, convincing herself that it was going to be alright. Her voice came out stronger this time, "Fairy Godmother will listen to you...and if you have feelings that you've never been able to tell anyone...I'm sure she'll listen to you." Professor Camilia just stared at the young girl, her eyes glistening with emotion.

"But she doesn't have all day," (B/f/n) added with a twinge of annoyance in her voice. You noticed her hands balled into fists by her side. She still hadn't forgiven Professor Camilia for what she had done. You couldn't imagine what sort of Hades the history teacher put your best friend through. And to be completely honest, you hadn't forgiven the professor either. You wanted to see her bared up in prison, learning her lesson for endangering the lives of innocent Auradon students just so that she could prove that "good always wins". She didn't deserve Zylie's sympathy. She tore your friendship with (B/f/n) apart. She'd locked your best friend in the cellar for who knows how long. She broke Lonnie's heart, she manipulated Jay, she'd scoffed at the VK kids whenever they walked in her classroom. And worse of all, she made Carlos feel like he didn't deserve to be loved, and that his mother never loved him and never would. She hurt Carlos and a part of you could never forgive her for that. Your jaw hardened at the thought of that.