Extras I - Interpretation of the Prophecies

Extras I
Interpretation of the Prophecies
-----------------

The dragon will find a way to escape,
The forces of evil will finally awake.
But in the mist, a heroine shall arise.
And the rings of friendship will decide.
If the lovers connect then evil shall fall,
But it all depends on the young fairy's call.

Story Interpretation

The prophecy above is the main driving force in the story. The following is how it all played out in the eyes of the readers and the characters who helped you solve the mystery:

The dragon will find a way to escape,

Dragons often symbolize primal forces in nature. Their abilities to breathe fire, ice, or poison demonstrate that they are both creators and destroyers. Dragons are also seen as a symbol of great power.

The "dragon" could symbolize Professor Camilia.

Once upon a time, when she attended Auradon Prep, Rosada Camilia cast as a dragon in one of the school plays earning the title of "dragon". After this play, her boyfriend and "true love" broke up with her after seeing how "villainous" she could be after playing this dragon character. This instilled great hate and despise in her. The only villains were locked up in the Isle! Rosaline then pursued a career in history, so she could stress this point to her future students and so that events such as her unfortunate breakup would never happen to anyone else.

A bit before the beginning of our story, she was teaching S.S. in the school of Auradon. Often, she heard the teachers bad-mouthing her behind her back about her terrible teaching. She "realized" that there was no one that she could truly depend on in the world: everyone would sooner or later betray her. Confused, she believed that "evil" are the people who have committed great crimes, but "good" are those willing to betray others to retain the perfect image. Disgusted, she decides to be the role model for "good".

The dragon symbolizes the power and thirst for justice within the professor, and when she sets her plans to make herself become a heroine it "escapes".

The forces of evil will finally awake.

Forces of evil are indeed the wild nature inside of everyone. The force of evil inside Rosaline has already been awakened since the unfortunate circumstances of her youth. However, she uses her position of teacher in order to manipulate Audrey and (b/f/n).

But in the mist, a heroine shall arise.

In the hazy mist of the Saturday morning when Professor Camilia summoned a dragon on Auradon Prep, Zylie stood up to her. Not as an opposer, but someone who possibly understood her feelings. Zylie was someone who the professor had longed for: someone who listened to her and tried to understand her as a person before jumping to any conclusions of "good" or "evil." Zylie is the heroine of the prophecy because she is the only one that touched the professor's heart.

And the rings of friendship will decide.

This is the moment of doubt that Carlos has for the reader. If they both wear the rings of friendship to prove that it was a true friendship (or love), and not something "fake" that the reader did to "take over Auradon", it will prove that there really is love. Therefore, evil will fall because Professor Camilia will be proven wrong.

If the lovers connect then evil shall fall,

Evil will fall if Carlos decides to trust the reader, causing everyone else to trust the reader and team up against Professor Camilia, ultimately defeating her. If Carlos didn't choose to trust the reader, the professor would win and evil would win.