Chapter XXXX | Auditions (Part 1)

A/N- Mini disclaimer: I also do not own any references that I may make I books, shows, anime, manga, light novels, songs, or movies. They belong to their creators.

You softly rested your right palm on the back of the girl's head as her sobs died down. "You know," Zylie said softly, blinking away her tears, "you're really warm. It's-It's been awhile since," she swallowed, "somebody's comforted me like this," Zylie started sobbing again and your heart ached. You waited for her to rant it all out, to let go of whatever burden she had been carrying. "It's...really nice to have someone you can lean on," Zylie cried, "but why are you even here? Why do you care about me? We only just met, do you pity me?"

"I'm here because I'm your friend, Zylie," you said firmly, "and I'll be there for you."

"Why would you want to be my friend?" Zylie asked, as if something in her made her believe that she didn't deserve friends; there was a small, bitterness behind her question.

"Everyone deserves to have friends, no one should be alone," you said, "why give people a hard time when all everyone really wants is companionship?"

"But I'm a loser, a nobody. Everyone always has un complimentary words to say to me," Zylie sniffled, "and I started to believe them. At first, I tried to not let it get to me, I shouldn't care wht they thought, and my parents loved me."

"But, they went to a better place," Zylie closed her eyes. "But (y/n), this moment, this time, you made me think that I'm worth something, worth time; that Im somebody, and somebody worth befriending." She opened her eyes, the hazel glistening like moonlight in the river. "Just promise me something," Zylie said.

"Anyhing."

"I know, that we just met, and I know that we don't know much about each other, but will you promise to be my friend?"

"Of course," you said.

"A real friend?" Zylie asked, "A friend that won't leave, that will always have my back. A friend that when speaking behind my back, is speaking positive things about me. A friend to share secrets with, and won't tell anyone, the friend that I never had."

"Zylie," you said, "Of course, I promise, and I assure you that I won't break the promise."

Zylie hugged you tighter, "Thank you, (y/n). I was also wondering, did anyone call you a short potato before?"

"Uh," you said, "no, why?"

Zylie laughed, "That expression on your face!" She wiped away the last of her tears and smiled, "Some stupid kids called me a short potato as an insult before, but that doesn't matter anymore. I have a friend!" She let go of you and hopped around happily. I'm glad she's smiling, you thought, I feel almost like she's my little sister.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

You anxiously peeked into the Auditorium. Fairy Godmother was standing inside. It was Thursday afternoon, the day of the auditions. You checked your (watch/phone) for the time, were you early?

"Hey, (y/n), what'ya doing outside the auditorium? Waiting for an invitation?" Lonnie's voice came from behind you. Lonnie was wearing a backpack filled with what seemed to be CDs. Jane followed behind her.

You followed them as they went in. "What's with the CDs?" You asked Lonnie.

"Oh, I was hoping to do the soundtrack for the play," Lonnie said, "You know add some more spice to the boring 'I Know You' tune."

"But I like the 'I Know You' tune," Jane said.

"Well Jane, everyone knows that, an they'll be bored out of their minds since we do the same plays every four ears. Even if we weren't in the last Sleeping Beauty, I'm sure the teachers heard the old tune a million times. Let's make this year one to remember."

"I guess," Jane said, twiddling with her fingers. "Is it just me who's nervous about the auditions? My mom's choosing and she said she'll be extra harsh on me. Why did Mal want us all to audition for Sleeping Beauty?"

"It's so Audrey doesn't get the part," Lonnie said, "remember? Just go up and be yourself. They handed out scripts or us to study, but thy let you use your own props. Just go up there, do your best, add some cool effects and you won't embarrass yourself."

"Okay," Jane said, doubtfully, "I just hope not a lot of people are watching." She looked around. Suddenly, the doors to the auditorium opened with a bang. You almost expected "Rotten to the Core" to start playing and have Mal and her crew strutting inside, alas that was not the class. It was quite the opposite, really. Pink glitter exploded everywhere and cheerleaders cartwheeled in. Some members of the marching band played the trumpet and Audrey came strutting inside, followed by the friends she stole: Jay and (b/f/n). "Good afternoon, Fairy Godmother," Audrey said, "If you don't mind, I have quite a packed schedule today and would like to start my audition now."

"Very well," Fairy Godmother said, gesturing to the stage. "Which role are you auditioning for?"

Audrey headed to the stage, "I would like the role of Sleeping Beauty," Audrey winked, "after all, I take after my mother," she added.

Besides you, Jane scoffed, "Audrey's nothing like her mother. Her mother is kind and compassionate, an caring to all living things."

"No kidding," Lonnie added, "Audrey's more like, 'get the Isle out of my way, loser.'"

"But no wonder she's spoiled," Jane said, "her mother is too nice."

"You may begin," Fairy Godmother's voice cut your conversation short. You heard light footsteps behind you and turned around.

"Sorry-we're-late," Mal panted, out of breath, "had to drag Mr. I Can't Perform On Stage and Mr. I Don't Feel So Well over here." She pointed to Carlos ad Doug, who were looking away sheepishly. "Did I mention that Mr. No-Help-At-All just recited his lines without helping me?" She glared at Ben, who was reciting his lines under his breath. "Anyways, what did I miss?"

"Audrey's supposedly amazing entrance," you said, "but she's just about to audition."

"Oh good," Mal said, "Let's see her fail."

🌸Vote, Read, Feedback, Comment🌸
🍃185.84K Reads | 8.93K Votes | 4.95K Comments🍃

Hey Dreamers,

I wanted to take you all for continuing to read my story. It means so much to me! I'm sorry I've been slacking in my recent chapters, I'll try and make them better. I've been losing readers left and right lately. Thank you for all your support, I appreciate it. I will try to update next week, but finals are coming up so I might not be able to.

Sweet dreams/daydreams!

~Dream_Givers