Chapter IX | A Cookie A Day Will...Er Make The Dentist Really Aggrivated

A/N- Hey readers! Did you notice the pictures I've been attaching to the story? I hope so. They have cool life lesson quotes on them. Any ideas for Operation Chad?

"Ugh," you groaned as your alarm clock rang. Another long school day-Tuesday. You yawned, not having enough sleep the night before.

"Morning," Lonnie said. She sat up and stretched. "Huh, what's that?" She stood up and walked to the dorm door. Someone had slid a piece of paper under it. Lonnie picked it up. "Karaoke contest Wednesday night at 8:00-10:00. Come join or see your friends sing! Prize: a pair of friendship rings: Rings that were magically enchanted to tell if your friendship is strong, donated by the Three Good Fairies."

"Friendship rings?" You asked, doubtfully. "I thought those things were really rare. This contest is probably rigged so Audrey could win and give the rings back to Fauna, Fiona, and Merryweather. Who are the judges?"

"The contest will be judged by Fairy Godmother, Queen Belle, King Beast and Professor Camilia." Lonnie read.

"Oh, well I guess we have a chance. Fairy Godmother is fair, and I'm sure Queen Belle is too. King Beast-eh, but Professor Camilia..." you remembered how she gave Carlos a 'F' for 'exaggerated to try and get a good grade'. You did not like that woman. Even before the Carlos incident. What type of teacher grades on whether you get a date to go to a party!? You wondered if anyone would sign a petition if you started one.

"Earth to (y/n)!" Lonnie said. "The flyer says that we can do solos or duets. Wanna do it together?"

"I dunno," you replied, "I don't exactly work too well on stage in front of a crowd." And Carlos, you thought quietly.

"Don't you want those friendship rings?" Lonnie asked.

"It would be cool to have them," you admitted.

"So after dinner and homework tonight, lets pick a song and we can practice," Lonnie said, excitedly. You nodded in agreement. The two of you headed to breakfast.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

The lunch table was buzzing about the karaoke night too. Everyone but Jane was there. "They should have told us sooner!" Evie complained. "We need more time to practice."

"Too bad it's solos and duets," Mal said. "Evie, Jay, Carlos, and I could've done Rotten to the Core."

"What's that?" Doug asked.

"A song we made up on the Isle," Mal replied.

"How about you do a duet with me," Ben suggested. "Love is An Open Door from the Arendelle soundtrack."

"No way I'm singing that!" Mal exclaimed, "It's cheesy and what will the Anna's and Elsa's children think!?"

"We could do a duet," Evie said looking at Doug. He turned red.

"I'm not a singer."

"You sang the Be Our Guest on Family Day pretty well," Evie said.

"Fine."

"Well, I'm not entering some stupid singing contest," Jay said. "We have a big game Thursday and I gotta practice." Carlos didn't say anything.

Suddenly Jane appeared, carrying a large plate of cookies. "Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late. I decided to make cookies for Team Descendants, so we can all be warm and happy!" She put napkins around the table. She gave cookies to everyone. Carlos was the last to get one, that was odd. You would expect Jane to give her crush the first cookie. Was she finally over him? Jane sat down next to you and bit into a cookie. "So, what are we talking about?" No one answered, everyone's mouths were full of food, cookies to be exact.

"So Jane," Mal said, being the first to finish the cookie. "You nearly burnt down the school last night baking cookies, how are these so delicious?"

Jane blushed of embarrassment. "After mixing all the ingredients, I had my mom help with the baking part."

"So anyways," Evie cut in, "Jane, are you entering the Karaoke Night Competition?"

"I think so," Jane said. "I don't know what song though. Maybe one from the Arendelle soundtrack."

"What is with you people and the Arendelle soundtrack!?" Mal yelled. "All the songs are ANNOYING!!!"

"Mal," Ben said.

"Yes?"

"Let it go!" Ben sang. Mal made a dramatic deal of storming off. After a few seconds she came back.

"Seriously though, don't you know any other songs?"

"Why?" Ben asked, "The Arendelle soundtrack was most popular for a long time. Even before you guys got here from the Isle. It rose to top charts and beat the Sleeping Beauty Soundtrack."

"Audrey must have been furious," Jay remarked.

"She was," you, Ben, and Lonnie agreed.

"She would plug her ears in the hallways, and sometimes try to sing "I Know You" louder than the other songs, to no avail." Lonnie said.

"Don't they know any good songs like Call Me Never?" Mal asked. "I mean, not like that song-all Isle songs are terrible- but other songs?"

Evie, perceptibly confused, changed the topic, "Are we anywhere in Operation Chad?" The attention was drawn to her.

"We decided to do it on Friday, remember?" Carlos said. He seemed a little dazed. "So we just have to come up with a plan before then."

"But when do we have the time? Doug asked. "Tonight, most of us are practicing for the karaoke thing. Tomorrow night is the karaoke competition. Thursday night-or around that time- is the tourney match. Then, it will be Friday."

"Well'll find time," Mal assured him. "We always do." You saw her wink at Evie. No one else seemed to see the exchange.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

That night, you and Lonnie practiced your duet. Your voice wasn't the best, but at least it had a rhythm and a beat. Alone, it sounded bad, but the combination of your voice and Lonnie's was perfect. A melody in your ears. The song you sang was a recent song by Castle of Dreams, a famous Auradon band. It was titled Magical Friendship and it went like this:

Vines may try to twist or tangle (our friendship),
But I know you'll always be there for me (forever),
Because you'll always be here (like a star, a star),
Even if I am so afar (afar)
I know that you know the song in my heart,
And can sing it back when I have forgotten the words!

I feel so powerful (powerful),
When your around (around).
Its like your magical (magical),
And you help me when I'm down.
Our friendship is strong,
And nothing goes wrong,
When you are there for me.
Can't you see? It's a magical friendship.

The song went on and talked about other friendship stuff. It made you miss (b/f/n), but it made you realize that you found a great friend in Lonnie. You wondered how (b/f/n) would feel seeing you up there with Lonnie. Would she be jealous? Sad? Hurt? Would she miss you? She probably would be none of these. She probably was doing a duet with Audrey.

After practice, you and Lonnie went to bed. You needed rest, it would be a big day tomorrow.

🌸Vote, Comment, Read On🌸