Gravity

Avi Kaplan's POV

"Mitch died of suicide last week. Scott isn't handling it well. None of us are. We all lost a piece of us. Today's his funeral. I'm not sure if I'm going, do I want to see my dead friend? Not really.

The fans were devastated. Millions of people sent us condolences and most said they were crying. But they didn't know Mitch like we did.

I'm not gonna say, "Hey, you! You don't know Mitch like we did so you can't cry!" because that's obviously not the case.

They were allowed to cry. They are allowed to visit his grave. They may not know him personally but from the Superfruit videos the inseparable two put out, everyone had a glimpse of his personality. Everyone found out who Mitch is and was. I shouldn't be talking past-tense. This was not long ago, but Mitch is still with us.

He may not be physically here to dry our tears and laugh at how we're all horrifyingly coping with this unintended event. He may not be here to chuckle at Scott's jokes or Kirstie's pranks. He may not be here to become frustrated with Kevin's continuous cello music or my devious puns.

Mitch carves a special part in all of us, but nothing will ever grow over it. It all seems so unreal but this is reality we are sadly facing and we must realize that although Mitch is now gone physically, we must go on with our lives.

I and millions of other people are shocked, horrified, devastated and tearful at how Mitch left so quickly. Newer fans would have asked why he left because he 'seemed so happy' or 'had an amazing life'. If you have an 'amazing' life, that does not mean you cannot be depressed or suicidal.

In conclusion, me writing this speech in remembrance of our wonderful and fantastic friend, Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi, or as we all called him 'Queen', I now leave with not-so-peaceful peace."

*

It's almost 8 PM and the four of us are still at the outside funeral. Scott didn't cry, he only sniffled every now and then. He says the pain is too deep to cry over it.

"I miss him." Kirstie choked out under her silent tears. I nodded and hugged her, "I do too. I sure as hell do."

"Mitch would be mad if we all cried over this." Kevin chuckled humorlessly.

Scott never said anything and hasn't spoken or updated anything. He just breathed. Never ate or slept. Luckily, we all made him drink liquified food.

"Is he really gone?" Kirstie asked. I choked back a sob, "Yeah. For now. One day, we'll all be with him."

I was hugging Kirstie and Scott was hugging Kevin.

"We aren't even Pentatonix anymore." Kirstie said. "Penta means five. Now we have four."

"No, Kirstie, we still have five. Mitch just isn't here in person." Kevin said. I nodded and rubbed her back soothingly.

"It's hard to believe, you know? That my other half is actually gone." Scott whispered for the first time in a week.

"Sometimes, when Mitch left to see his family, I would cry at night because I missed him so much. I only cried because I knew he was coming back. I'm not crying now because, look at that. He's never coming back." Scott whispered.

"This feels like someone stabbing me nineteen million times." Kirstie whispered.

Kevin sighed, "It's going to rain."

"I don't care." Kirstie whispered while Scott began to break down. "You can stay here, Kirstie, us three will go back."

I stopped Kevin, "I'm not leaving her. You two can go. I want to see Mitch's funeral one last time anyways."