Roommates

suggested by PTXSLMJ!

Kirstin Maldonado's POV

I looked around my new dorm room. Apparently I was supposed to have a roommate, and sadly it hadn't been one of my best friends: Scott Hoying or Mitch Grassi, since they were paired up with each other - they abandoned me. Like always. I sighed, adjusting my black glasses on my nose and gently sat my new (and expensive, let me say that) books down on one of the beds. Anxiety coursed through me when I realized that my roommate might want that bed, so I quickly got my stuff off of it and set it near the door on the ground. As I was about to leave the room to get to the office for my schedule, I accidentally crashed into a dark and tall guy that seemed to be entering the room. I squeaked when we nearly hit as I fell to a halt, looking up at the guy for any traces of anger.

Or so I thought.

I thought I'd only look at him to see if he were mad, but then I was looking at him because hot diggity dog.

He was extremely dangerous looking, like those bad boy-cliche type of guys in high school that you'd be terrified of. 

He had very dark brown hair, and it was really long. He had on a dark t-shirt and some black skinny jeans, and get this - the cliche jacket. Oh yeah, I'm living the cliche nightmare. He had traces of a beard on his jaw, it very nicely trimmed and when I looked into his green-ish hazel eyes, I felt myself melt. Specks of gold and white flickered them, but green being the dominant color. I knew they were hazel when the light changed the shade of green, but when I realized I was staring at the guy, I immediately looked down and nervously played with the ends of my Fall Out Boy t-shirt. 

"I'm assuming you're my roommate?" The guy's extremely deep bass voice had asked me. I glanced up, but then back down, "Uh, I think so. I mean, this is my directed dorm. I bet this is yours, too, right? Crab cakes, I didn't know which bed you wanted, so if you could just ignore my stuff on the ground-" I was stopped when he groaned, "Shut up, I get it. You can pick whichever, I'm probably not gonna be here long," he said, and that's when I noticed he put a pack of cigarettes on the table next to the door. I glared at them, but then I looked back up at him. "Why wouldn't you be here long?" I asked, although I most likely knew the answer.

"I'm a bit... naughty," he chuckled. "You seem innocent. Maybe they paired me with you so I could change, yeah?"

I shrugged awkwardly, "I don't know," I said, and I didn't know what else to say. "So, uh, can I... you know... get through?" I blushed a bit as I kept my eyes on the floor. He probably didn't hear me since I was so quiet, but he did move... by slightly pushing me to get inside.

I ignored his rude attitude and left the dorm. I let out a big breath of relief as I was out of that social situation, but then realized I had to share a dorm with him for awhile. I sighed again, and went down to the entrance of the college. I can get my schedule later, I thought. I need to unpack before he sees me again.

As I walked outside and to the car, I smiled at the sight of my two best friends; Scott and Mitch. I waved, "Hi guys."

Mitch perked up, "Kit-Kat! Have you met your roommate yet? Is she nice?" He asked, a big smile plastered on his face. I nodded, "I did meet him," I said, emphasizing 'him'. He faltered a bit, but then a smirk appeared on his plump lips. "I see. Who is he?" He asked. I shrugged, "Beats me. He seems like a douche, though. He has that cliche bad boy vibe, you know," I mumbled, going over to the trunk of my car and taking out a suit-case. Scott laughed, "Good girl and bad boy. Let's dig into this odd cliche some more. What does he look like?" Scott asked. I blushed, "He's actually not that bad looking. I can live with him, looks wise. But personality? I might as well die."