Kirstin In Wonderland

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I don't know where I am. I flew from home and now I'm watching a rabbit stare at me. He didn't seem particularly as animalistic as most animals. If anything, he was more of a human. Bunny ears, a bunny tail, and slightly bigger feet than usual, but otherwise, he seemed completely human. And yet somehow, I knew he wasn't. His blond hair was swept over one eye and he had dark brown, specks of golden in his eyes, making them shine even though they're brown.

I wanted to say something but I felt the need to follow him when he stood up and started to hop away, and so I did. I followed that white and human rabbit. He kept rambling on being late to a date of some kind, and he kept doing that as I tried to get his attention. "Mister? Rabbit? Rabbit!" I yelled, chasing the animalistic human.

He glanced back at me but just started to hop faster, as if he didn't want me following him. I disobeyed his probable command to stop, and he went into a house that I couldn't remember the look of. It was definitely smaller than most people, but I could probably fit if I crouched, so I did. Crouching my way into the tiny house, I looked around for the rabbit. "Rabbit?" I called, hoping he'd respond somehow, but there was not a response. I should've expected that.

Then, all of a sudden, the house seemed to shrink and I smelled a burning smell, and then I quickly realized it was smoke. I looked around for any traces of fire, but there were none. "Hello?" I called. "My name is Kirstin. I don't want to hurt anybody. I couldn't if I wanted to!" I yelled, flattening out my blue and white dress. My white knee high socks and black flats made me look like a child, and my blonde hair was straight and pushed back by a black band, and it was enough to convince people I was young, but I wasn't. I wasn't old, but I wasn't a child. I was 24.

I got out of the building as quickly as I could since there was no response, but it was fairly difficult. As I got out, I saw the rabbit once more, but this time he was hopping into a hole in the ground. I followed instantaneously, and eventually I was met with me falling down it with no leverage whatsoever. I grabbed anywhere I could, but I figured I should stop panicking and figure something out.

I flattened my dress as I fell, mainly so I could fall with ease. As I fell on my butt, I looked around and there was no trace of the rabbit anymore. Instead, there was a boy or man, sitting by a door and talking to the doorknob, making me feel a bit worried for him. "Excuse me?" I called to him. He looked back. From what I could see of him, he had dark hair, greenish hazel eyes, and he had a long and neatly trimmed beard. "Who're you?" He asked, his voice deeper than the hole I fell in. "Uh, I'm Kirstin. Who are you?"

"My name's Avi. Where'd you come from?" He inquired, standing up. He made me feel like a midget next to him since I was only 5'3" and he seemed to be 5'11" or 6'0" or something. "Um, down from there," I said, pointing to the hole. Then he sighed a long and heavy sigh, "Wonderful. Okay, well, you're gonna be stuck down here for awhile. I'm assuming the rabbit led you down here?"

"Well, yes—" I started, but he simply chuckled. "That's Mitch. He's actually human and acts like a rabbit, looks like one—you get it. He mutters about being late to something, right? Then you follow him because you're some little girl with the brain capacity of a walnut?"

I rose an eyebrow at him, "Excuse me, but you're down here, too, jerk."

"Force, cutie. It was force. I hear stories all the time about people like you falling down here because of the rabbit," he stated, then looked back at the doorknob. "That's Doorknob. He's my only friend down here."

"How long have you been here?" I asked curiously. "Just a year. Maybe longer," he shrugged. I widened my eyes, "We have to find a way out! You can't just be down here for years and never leave."