My Fanboy [Scömìche]

for supahfruit-'s contest

Scott Hoying's POV

"Scott Hoying! Scott! Are you dating anybody?"

"Are you single?"

"Are you sure you're gay?"

I hated this. Every time I left a place, they'd always bombard me with questions like this. I want to answer them, I do, but I'm afraid of what would happen to Mitch if I did. So I insisted with telling them a flat "no" (except for the gay thing) and they all shut up about that topic. Mitch and I were dating for almost two years, and I never thought to bring it up around them. So yes, the public hadn't found out about us for almost two years. But I never answered their questions about my relationships — I always avoided them — but this time I did.

I tried to push them away from me, as I was trying to leave the restaurant with my mother. She was flustered by the cameras and questions flying at her — and I didn't blame her. She wasn't used to this, and with the years I had been doing this, I wasn't used to it yet, either.

"Scott, tell us if Mitch Grassi is your boyfriend!"

I don't think they understand that when I reply "no" to if I'm dating someone that it means I'm not dating anyone. Well, I was, but they didn't need to know that. At least not yet.

And so I avoided the rest of the questions they fired at me as I entered the insides of my vehicle. I made sure they couldn't get in if they tried, and my mother entered in the passenger seat. "Scott!" was all I heard as I backed out of the restaurant.

"They really do want to know about you and Mitch, don't they?" My mother smiled at me. I ran a hand through my blond hair and shrugged, "I mean, yeah, but I don't want them to know. Or at least, not yet."

"Why not?" She inquired.

"I don't know if Mitch wants me to tell them or not."

"Well," she said, scrolling on her phone before stopping on a particular part. "You might want to explain to him that you said those things for him," and then she showed me her phone as I stopped at a red light.

I looked at it, and my jaw dropped. 'Scott Hoying says he isn't dating Mitch Grassi, new artist.' 'Scott Hoying deemed single.'

What will Mitch think when he sees those articles?

"Come on, Scott. Just tell them," my mother said, sighing a little at the end. "I think the public will be more of happy than angry."

"I need Mitch's consent first," I declared. I then pulled into my mother's house. She opened the door and got out, before smiling at me and then leaving, shutting the door with a slam.

***

"Mitch?" I called in his apartment as I closed the door to it. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the kitchen!" He called back. I went into the room and saw him on his phone, at the table, eating out of a box of Lucky Charms.

"Hey," I said. He looked up at me, emotionlessly, then spoke. "Hi, Scott."

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously. He rolled his eyes - not in a fake annoyed way, but more of in an angry and annoyed way. Then he showed me his phone with the articles my mother had seen on Twitter News. "Let me explain," I frowned. He shrugged, waiting, "Go ahead. I mean, I'm not dating you anyways."

"I did it because I'm afraid people will attack you - verbally or not, I don't want it to happen. I also didn't want to confirm it without your consent."

"Scott," he sighed. "I totally would've let you announce it to the public. And if your fans assault me, so what? It's not like I'd die," he reassured. "I can take it."

I nodded with a frown. "Alright, well, I'll announce it next time I'm talking to paparazzi and news reporters."

"Good. I want them to know about us," he then got off of the chair and headed to me with a smile. "Don't frown," and then his hand came up to lift my frown into a smile. I rolled my eyes at his cliche gesture, "We're still dating, right?"

"Yeah, I guess," he winked. I grinned and leaned down, but I didn't kiss him. "That's good. It'd be a shame if we weren't."

He didn't reply as he stared into my blue eyes as I into his brown. His eyes glanced down to my lips and I smiled at him again, connecting ours.

"Oh," Mitch said after stopping the kiss. "Do you want some Lucky Charms?"

***

I didn't really expect my announcement to have Mitch in the same room as me, so I cleared my throat as I stared at the reporters. I wanted to do what I was supposed to afterwards. "Hi," I said awkwardly. "Um, I'm here to announce a very important detail of my life."

Mitch stared at me, smiling, but little did he know that I wasn't just planning to announce us in front of them.

"So, Mitch. He's my boyfriend. We've been dating for almost two years."

Some gasps were heard, as long as some "I knew it"s and chuckles. "Some of you probably already knew that."

"Anyways," I said, fumbling with the box in my pocket as a bead of sweat trailed down my neck. I bit my lip subconsciously, then took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. "I wanted to do this in front of everyone, and maybe just around Mitch, but I'm going to do it now."

Everyone seemed genuinely confused, and so I stepped off of the podium and to the side of it. "Mitch, can you come down here?"

I heard shuffling then a confused Mitch stood in front of me. I blushed as I scratched the back of my neck. His confusion was starting to get adorable, so I stopped myself from becoming distracted. I grabbed his hand from his left side, and slowly got onto one knee as his eyes became wide. Yikes.

"Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi," I'm sure I was quite the tomato as I took out the black box. "Will you do me the honors of becoming my husband?" I opened the tiny box and revealed a diamond ring.

He didn't respond at first, staring at me with big eyes as tears threatened to fall out of them, and I waited patiently. "You can totally say no," I said in an unintentional embarrassed tone. He shook his head furiously, and I felt my heart drop as sadness crossed my features. Then his eyes got big again, and he spoke, "No! Not like that, Scott! No as in I don't want to say no, you doofus! Yes, Scott, I'll marry you."

My jaw slacked open a little in surprise. He jumped onto me, his arms around my neck as I stood up with his weight on me. "I love you, Scott," he whispered in my ear. I didn't realize the applause in the background, but I shut it all out and focused on Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi–Hoying. "I love you so much more, my fanboy," I chuckled as a happy sob escaped his lips.

***

a/n:: wtf is this??

ANYWAYS MORE KAVI ONE SHOTS COMING VERY #SOON