Battle Scars [2]

I might not update as quickly but I'll still update. I kind of can't because my grandfather has amnesia now because of some stupid ass doctor. Thank you if you understand (I'm still gonna update).

Avi Kaplan's POV

It seems like her depression was getting better. I see her humming to songs and eating more. That's a great sign, isn't it? I think it is.

As I walked downstairs, I saw Kirstie on the couch, asleep, cuddled into a blanket. I smiled and kissed her cheek, "Wake up." I said.

"Bleh.." She whimpered and didn't wake up. I kissed her jaw and I saw her jump a little but ignored me. "Kirstie..." I whispered and kissed a little below her jaw. "Wake up."

She groaned, "Fine..."

"I'll get you something from McDonald's if you're hungry. It's 2, so no breakfast. What do you want?" I asked. "Chicken nuggets." She whispered and put the blanket over her face.

"10 or 20?" I asked, finding her adorable in this position. "Fifty." She groaned. "Twenty it is." I chuckled, "Want a drink?"

"Mocha frappé." She said and fell back asleep. I chuckled and made my way towards McDonald's, smiling the entire way.

*

As I was driving back, I had a sense that she wasn't doing okay. I sped up and nearly crashed into someone but I didn't, so that's the good thing. I made it, parked, and ran inside with the food.

She wasn't on the couch. My heart sped up and I looked everywhere. "Kirstie?" I yelled. "Yeah?" She responded from what sounded like the kitchen. I ran in there and felt relieved when she only had water in her hands.

"I had a bad feeling.. Are you okay?" I asked and set the food down. "I'm fine." She blushed and looked down. "Why are you blushing?" I asked.

"Cause you were worried about me."

"Why wouldn't I worry about you?" I rose an eyebrow. "Because... I don't know, me?" She mumbled, staring at her feet.

I walked over to her and shrunk to her height. "I worry about you all the time, Kirst." I said and put my arms out, "Hug?"

She smiled only a little bit and complied, hugging me. I nuzzled my face into her neck. "I love you." I said. I could basically feel her smiling. "I love you too."

We were like that for a long time but I figured the food was gonna get cold. "Let's eat." I said and grabbed the bag, heading for the living room.

I sat down next to Kirstie, probably a little too close, and took out her nuggets and gave her her frappé.

I took out my food; only a McDouble.

"Want some nuggets?" She asked while I chuckled, "No, but thank you." I pecked her cheek and smiled when she turned crimson red.

To test out how far she blushed, I kissed her. I didn't peck her.

She seemed surprised but kissed me back once she processed the fact I was kissing her.

I pulled her closer and I felt her smile. She ran her fingers through my probably-messy-hair. We stopped for breath and I grinned at her bright red face. "W-what was that?" She asked. "To see how far you would blush. I think I'm gonna do that more often and not only for you to blush." I smirked. She blushed the reddest I've ever seen her.

"O-okay." She stammered out.

"I love you." I said. She smiled. "You've said that so much today." She chuckled. "Yeah, I know. I just do, and a lot." I stated and she blushed a little.

"I love you a lot too." She said and ate a nugget.

As I was watching TV, I saw her do something to my food in the corner of my eye so I looked at it and smiled when I saw two nuggets. "Kirstie, I'm good." I said.

"Keep them." She smiled and scooted closer to me, placing her head on my shoulder.

"Okay. I love you." I said. "You don't have to reply to it. You don't have to reply to any of them. Just know I love you."

She smiled a little and hugged me. "I love you too. Now let's watch TV."

I kissed the top of her head. "Can we talk about something real quick? Or after this show--," I said but she interrupted me, turning off the TV, "Yeah."

"Are you feeling better?" I asked. "Yeah." She mumbled, probably disliking this topic. "If you ever have another anxiety attack or feel like you're worthless or something false like that, please call me." I said. "Please."

She nodded, "I will if I do."

"You have to." I said. She nodded again.

"I love you." She said to me. "I love you too. Probably a lot more than you love me." I chuckled. She rose an eyebrow, "Is this a competition, Kaplan?"

I half smiled, "Yes."

"How will we settle this?" She asked. I was thinking and had an idea, "Follow me and bring your nuggets!" I said and led her to the room that I keep Monopoly in. "If I beat you and you're calm, you love me more. If you beat me, which I doubt because I'm king at this game, and I'm calm, then I love you fifty times more. Okay?"

"This won't prove a thing." She said while I got the board game out.

I set it up and we eventually got to playing it.

*

Her stupid red car beat me, king of Monopoly! I stayed calm, though. I smiled at her, "Good game."

"Jesus, will you just kiss me?" She said and did it herself.

We were kissing, or making out if you will, for a very long time. I grew excited, if you know what I mean. But I didn't take it that far.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me deeper.

"Jeez," I said as I stopped her, "If we continue I'm going to take it too far." I mumbled. She looked confused for a moment and then blushed tomato red.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Oh God... I didn't..." She stopped herself, "I'll just stop talking."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

A/N: no one will know who said which one hAHAHAHAHA