Venting

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I hung up immediately after the fight with my mother on the phone. Days after she divorced my father, she already has another boyfriend. I sighed of complete disgust and called my best friend: Avi Kaplan.

He's more than just attractive and nice. He's like my knight in shining armor, except he wasn't a knight.

I've had this small crush on him for a while and once he answered, I choked back a frustrated sob. "Avi? Can I come over? I need someone to vent to..." I trailed off and thought that this was ridiculous and he wouldn't want me to, but I heard him nod, "Absolutely."

I grinned sheepishly and fixed myself up and headed out.

My hoodie and leggings were fine in my opinion because Avi couldn't care less about what I wear (unless it's too revealing).

I knocked on his door once I made it and he immediately answered, engulfing me in a hug and led me to his living room. We sat on the couch, "Be prepared for extra venting." I warned and he chuckled, "Hit me."

"My mother thinks she can just get over my father in the flick of a nickel. She divorces my dad and becomes a fucking slut, finding another boyfriend within what," I mentally counted, "two days?! It's like she never even loved him and used him to get a child out of him! I'm so frustrated, Avi! She thinks she can whore around and I know she most likely had an affair while they were married. I obviously knew they weren't going to stay together and I'm fine with it, but the fact she immediately found someone and most likely cheated while married to him is horrifying! She knew I'd get angry yet told me on the phone! She didn't even have the courage to tell her own daughter she found someone else to love in person! God, Avi, I still love my mother, duh, but I can't stand this! This isn't my mom!" I screamed and pulled at my hair. I looked at Avi and he had widened eyes.

"I know your pain," he whispered, "except it was the other way around."

I urged for him to continue.

"My mother always loved my dad, yeah. You know how she always had a smile on her face and always was so affectionate with my dad?" I nodded. "He faked it all. When she'd hug him, I saw the pang of disgust in his eyes. I saw the way he looked at other women. I saw the way he treated my mother. God, I thought the man loved her for years," he shook his head, "but you know what? He's gone now and that's what matters.

"I noticed the cuts and bruises on my mother. She always told me it was our cat and she was just clumsy," he laughed humorlessly, "I believed her. Until I came home one night early and heard her screaming." I widened my eyes. He had it much worse than me. "I immediately ran to her room, fearing some intruder was hurting her. But no, the sight was one I wished I had never witnessed.

"He was slapping and punching her. He was a fuck up and once I saw that, I pushed him out of the way and tended to my beaten mother. She pulled me away after a few seconds. She saved my life. My stupid excuse for a father was going to kick me from behind. Luckily, she never was kicked either. I pushed him again but he shoved me against the wall with a glare and told me he beat my mother because of me.

"The bastard had a knife in his pocket. You know what he did to me? Sliced my wrist. Remember when you asked about that scar in high school and I said it was nothing? I lied.

"I know how it feels to think one parent loves the other and betrays them. I know how it feels to dislike one of your parents, or even hate them. I know how it feels to realize that one of your parents don't even love the other. And what's worse? When you thought they had your entire life." Avi ended.

I stared at him.

What was I supposed to say to that?

I just cuddled closer to him and grabbed his wrist softly, examining it. The scar was still there and I rubbed my thumb on it. I let a tear fall because I was a bad best friend. I never confronted Avi about it.

I looked up at him and noticed he was staring at me. I smiled and he glanced at my lips. I bit my lower one by habit and he leaned closer, his eyes on my lips. I slightly widened my eyes but closed them once his lips were on mine.

I ran my fingers through his hair and he pulled me closer. He cupped my cheeks and pulled us closer again, if even possible. I blushed when my hoodie accidentally rode up and his finger brushed my skin.

After about a minute (even though it felt like a century) we stopped and stared at each other. I didn't stop and asked without any emotion, "So, uh, what did that make us?"

Avi blushed, "Um—if you want I was kind of hoping you'd be my girlfriend."

I chuckled and nodded, "I'd love to."

***

A/N: I contemplated turning this into smut.

I decided not to because i'm awkward when it comes to that even though I want to but I don't think I can write straight smut.

sO yeah that sort of happened and idk if you guys would even want a smutty one shot but maybe I will put one in the future. maybe.

*smiles sadly* sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I'm focusing on Fangirl a lot more. you should totally read it because a) it's Kavi! b) you totally love Kavi, and c) Kavi.

thanks for reading guys! 😊 See you the next time I update or the next time I update Fangirl.