That Silent Boy [2]

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I threw my tray's remains into the garbage can and handed the tray to Alice nicely. "Have a good day, sweetie!" Alice exclaimed to me and I gave her a grin and a thumbs up. Avi apparently had the next class with me and so we decided to walk together.

He stopped abruptly and I stopped too, giving him an odd look. "You know what? I'm gonna ditch history," he said and I widened my eyes. "Care to join?" Avi asked and I contemplated it. The history teacher didn't like me (surprisingly) and it's not like I couldn't get the work done over the weekend. I sighed, a small smile tugging at my lips. "Sure."

He motioned for me to follow him and I did. He kept walking until he reached a tree that was very hidden from the school. I bit my lip in fear of us being caught.

He looked to me in silence and I looked at him. "Hi," I smiled.

He smiled a little too, sitting against the tree as I followed. "Hi," he said.

"So, tell me about yourself," I said. He gave me a worried look, as if I'd tell someone. "I won't tell anybody," I said.

He sighed, throwing his head back against the tree. "Well, my full name is Avriel Kaplan but I prefer Avi. My parents are dead and my sister hates me. Kevin is really the only person to care about me in the slightest way, hence why he is the only one that talks to me. Um, people are afraid of me I guess. If you haven't been here long, people pinpoint me for my parents's death because I wasn't home and no one could confirm it. So yeah, that's my life. What about you?" Avi explained and it took me a while to register. Oh my.

"Um, well, my dad left when I was about three so I don't remember much about him. My mother is wonderful, takes care of me and somehow manages to help both my sisters and I in our emotional crises," I smiled, "Oh, and my full name is Kirstin Maldonado, but I prefer Kirstie."

He smiled, "You're like a bubble of energy."

I shrugged, "Call me what you want."

We talked for a while about random things and I was glad he was getting a bit more comfortable with me. "Are you going to Delia's party tonight?" Avi asked and I shrugged, "I'm not sure—wait, wasn't it tomorrow?" I asked.

He shook his head, "She changed it to tonight apparently."

I nodded slowly, taking out my phone and informing both Scott and Mitch. I then put it back, "Are you going?"

He nodded, "I usually do. Kevin's not a party type of guy, though, so don't expect him."

A smile was coming, "Wow, you're actually very interesting, Avriel," I said and stood, as the bell was about to ring. He stood with me and smirked, "You're not so dull yourself, Kirstin."

I looked down and smiled. "I'll see you tonight?" Avi said and I nodded, "Maybe," I said and contemplated what I was about to do.

I went for it. I kissed his cheek and quickly ran the other way once I was done. I glanced at him from behind me as my heart beat increased. His hand was on his cheek lightly, holding it and a grin was plastered on his gorgeous face.

Whoa, there. Gorgeous?

I shook that thought out of my head, heading to English Lit.

***

The entire class was pretty boring. The teacher explained things that the majority of us already knew. The day flung by after that class, leaving me with the confusion on whether or not I actually went.

I waited for Scott and Mitch outside after school. They both had history then so it wouldn't take them long.

I heard small and large footsteps coming my way so I looked there; and there were the gay power couple. "Hey guys," I grinned. Mitch smirked, "You seem happy!"