Mystery Singer

Avi Kaplan's POV

"You have to come to karaoke night!" Scott exclaimed, trying to pull me. I refused. "No, it's boring!"

Mitch groaned, "It is not! All four of us can sing A Capella!"

"How can that even happen? There's only four of us and we don't even have a girl!" I muttered.

"We'll make it work! And I have a high voice so that's good enough," Mitch said, helping Scott pull me a bit. I whined, "No."

"Yes, Avi!" Kevin appeared and helped them. I held onto the bed post for dear life.

The three men finally got me off of it and I frowned, "Only for two hours. That's it!"

Scott sighed, "Fine."

Mitch and Kevin simply nodded, "Alright."

***

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I mumbled, getting on stage with them.

Mitch was going to be singing the lead in 'Partition' by Beyoncé. Scott was background vocals while Kevin and I were bass and beatboxing.

We started out and I looked around at the crowd as we did. Plenty of people were here, but only one caught my eye. She was a blonde, enjoying herself as she listened to us. Her dark green eyes and shoulder-length, wavy, blonde hair caught my attention. I nearly missed a note.

Eventually, the song ended and we walked off of stage. Clapping and cheering were heard, but I felt like it wasn't good enough.

The woman I saw earlier walked onto the stage with a guitar. Somebody gladly pulled her a stool and she sat on it, positioning her guitar and smiled into the microphone. "Hi, everyone," her sweet, melodic voice was enough to take my breath away. "I kind of am in love with this song. It's called 'Jar of Hearts' and it's by Christina Perri. I hope you don't mind," she said, fixing her black dress.

Everyone shouted a 'Go for it' (most were males... go figure) and suddenly, Mitch pulled me. "You're going to go up there and sing like she is, alright?" He whispered right as the woman started to sing. I didn't focus on what he was saying so I simply nodded and watched her perform.

She glanced at me some, which made my heart beat a billion miles a minute. She seemed to be into the music as she stared at her guitar and occasionally looked at people.

The words flowed out of her mouth as if she memorized the song by heart. I thought she might have missed a lyric or two, but I guess not. And that made me smile. Why? I have no idea.

Scott murmured something about whipped cream (apparently) to Mitch and Mitch snickered. I looked to them curiously and Kevin seemed like he was going to laugh as he stared at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?" I asked as the girl got off stage when she finished the song.

"You're staring at her like you stare at ribs," Mitch laughed. "You're whipped."

I widened my eyes, "I don't even know her!" I whisper-yelled to them. "Besides, every guy except you three in here are looking at her like that."

Mitch shrugged, "That doesn't make a difference, you know. I bet you're in love," he winked.

I blushed, "I am not!"

Kevin put an arm around me, "You know you are, Avi," he smiled. Mitch changed the topic of conversation, "Anyways, time to get up there!" He shoved me to the stage. I widened my eyes again, "Wait, what?!"

"You agreed as you ogled at that girl," he smirked. "You used my weakness!" I groaned and got on nonetheless. Immediately, people looked to me and I felt like a deer caught in the headlights. I slowly walked to the microphone after a second and smiled, even though it was fake. "Hi," I said, "I'm forced to be up here... but, you know, whatever," people laughed. I looked around for the girl and saw her, giving me a grin.

I felt myself melt, but I didn't let it get to me. I thought about a song, and found one. "Uh, I'm going to sing Standing By," I gave yet another smile.

People started to smile in recognition. I looked to Mitch, Scott and Kevin in help of background vocals since it wouldn't sound good otherwise. They nodded and jogged to the stage. "These are my friends and they're going to help a bit, since I'd sound horrible without them." {a/n: lie}

People chuckled again. I looked to them and started singing as they sang background vocals. {a/n: ok I know i'm lame but I hope u get what i'm trying to do with the songs... Standing By... Jar of Hearts...?}

I smiled at the mystery girl, and she gave a big grin but widened her eyes as if in shock. I blushed a bit, but kept singing nonetheless.

***

I hurried off of stage and I contemplated talking to her. Scott seemed to notice and pushed me in the direction of the girl and I nearly hit her, so I slowed that down and she smiled up at me. "H-hi," I stared at her, mentally facepalming myself for stuttering. "Hi," her cheeks became a light shade of pink, but it was hard to see it since the lights were faded.

"I'm Avi," I said immediately, taking out my hand and she shook it. "I don't think you'll hear my name anytime soon," she said, another grin tugging at her lips.

I frowned, "Aw, that's disappointing. I guess I'll call you Mystery Singer then?"

"Yes," she said simply.

I couldn't help myself as I smiled. "May I have your number?" I asked after awhile of silence. She looked down with yet another grin. "Yeah," she said. I took out my phone, unlocked it, went to contacts and tapped 'new contact', handing it to her. She typed it in, adding the name and gave it back to me. I texted her at that moment once she gave my phone back quickly, saying it was 'that bearded guy'.

She pulled me down as I widened my eyes in surprise and she pecked my lips for about a second or two. I didn't let her leave, so I pulled her back and kissed her, instead of a peck.

She smiled against my lips as I heard my phone crash to the ground. Scott, Mitch and Kevin must have heard since one of them picked it up. I heard a laugh and it sounded like it was Kevin's, but I didn't care.

We stopped after awhile and I smiled at her, but she sighed, "I have to go. I'll text you, okay?"

I nodded, and whispered an 'okay'.

She went past me and outside. I felt a beep after a minute and checked my phone when Scott gave it back to me.

Mystery Singer:
My name is Kirstie.

***

a/n:: it's goddamn 8 AM and i'm at school whAT iS tHis

idk but I love it

LEAVE SUGGESTIONS BABES