Tattoo

a/n: prayers for everywhere that was affected within the short 24 hours on Friday. 🙏🏼😞

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

The entire deal with the tattoo you're born with is if you find someone with the same tattoo, they're supposed to be your soulmate.

Tonight's the night you find your soulmate (which is when you turn eighteen, although I'm 22 and have never found him there) and maybe I'll find him. Or her. But hopefully it's a guy because I'm not a lesbian.

I curled my blonde hair, making it end a bit below my shoulders. I wore a white dress that flowed perfectly to my knees. It seemed like a summery dress. But the girls are supposed to wear white. I know I didn't look all that well in the color.

I sighed and flattened it out for what seemed like the ninetieth time. My best friends Mitch Grassi and Scott Hoying say I look fine and that it's not a big deal, that I should just go and get it over with. They don't think I'll find him yet and I don't think I will either.

I faked a smile in the mirror and twirled a bit. I look a little less than okay, or what I thought.

I sighed again and left my room, grabbing my phone and driving to the big warehouse–type of building.

My tattoo is a small moon and my mother had always told me that my partner should have a star with a sparkle near it. My tattoo is on my wrist and his or hers should be on their finger or arm.

Mine was a very dark (almost black) blue. It seemed fake but it was real.

Once you meet your soulmate, your tattoo is supposed to glow. Weird, right? I thought so too.

Mitch and Scott already found their soulmate: each other. Yes, they're gay. They've known each other forever and never noticed the tattoo on their backs near their shoulders, and neither had I. Mitch's was a heart with an arrow through it and Scott's was the arrow with a small heart next to it.

I envied theirs. It was beautiful while mine was just a moon.

I parked in the parking lot, got out and closed the door. I headed to the front doors and pushed, walking to the room where everyone was. Once I entered, there were hundreds of people looking amazing and I smiled. They all must be 18 or 19.

I looked around and tons of people had suns, animals, elements, and more.

I looked around and wasn't surprised when no one had something similar to mine. Maybe they died.

My tattoo began to suddenly glow a bit and I widened my eyes. It hasn't ever done this before.

I walked a bit front and it only glowed brighter. Is my soulmate actually here? I thought to myself and continued to maze through people. It stopped and I headed right, which made it glow again. A man was doing the same and kept looking at his finger.

He was very handsome, to say the least. He had a man bun (which he surprisingly rocked) and a very nicely trimmed beard. His eyes seemed green but changed in the light so I assumed hazel. He had on a black tux with a white flower peeking out of his pocket.

I tried to go near him. What do I do? Would if he's mean?

I poked his shoulder and he looked back to me. I smiled and our tattoos glowed very, very brightly.

"Hi," I greeted.

He didn't speak, just kept looking at my wrist.

"Are you my soulmate?" The man asked with a very deep voice and it surprised me.

"I think so, you have a similar tattoo and they're kind of glowing like crazy." I stated and he chuckled, "Well, I knew that. Just making sure."

He looked into my eyes and I confirmed it; hazel eyes.

I smiled at him and he smiled back, "I'm Avi Kaplan."

"Kirstie Maldonado," I curtsied a little and he let out a louder chuckle.

"You're very beautiful," he grinned and I blushed, "You're not bad yourself."

He kept his smile on his face, "I think we should get to know each other a bit more, yeah?" I nodded.

"Well, I'm 26. What about you?" Avi asked and I blushed, "22. How long have you been searching for me?" I asked and he sighed happily, "Since I was eighteen. So eight years."

I gaped, "I've only searched for 4."

"Well, you were worth the wait," he complimented and I smiled a little, "You're so nice that I think you must be fake."

Avi shook his head, "I'm very much real."

"I know, and I'm glad." I complimented back. Avi chuckled, "Well, how about you give me your number, Kirstie, and we can plan a date?"

I nodded with a big grin on my face, "Sure."

I typed my number into his phone when he pulled up a new contact. I handed it back to him and made my contact name "Kirstie 🌙".

I sighed at the time: almost 9,
"I have to go."

Avi frowned, "Okay. Goodnight, Kirstie," he said and I went to peck his cheek as he looked over to someone that called his name.

Except I didn't peck his cheek.

He looked back and I accidentally kissed his lips. He jumped a tiny bit in surprise, but his hands went to my waist, pulling me closer. I smiled against the kiss and we eventually pulled back.

"In all honesty, I went to peck your cheek. But that was better," I laughed.

He chuckled, "I'm glad."

***

a/n: part two maybe? of the date???

idk