Suicide Prevention

a/n: i know Suicide Prevention Day was yesterday, but this is important. short and sweet.

Third Person POV

"Every day. I swear to you, Avi Kaplan."

"Really?" he laughed, amused, even though his heart was beating rapidly.

"Yeah. Every day I will give you a reason why I absolutely love you," Kirstin smiled, clearly proud of her newfound determined declaration.

"I will not remind you when you forget, Ms. Maldonado," he tried. She simply glared at him playfully and lightly hit his arm. "Me? Forget? Never."

***

Do it.

Stop, Avi.

You've got nothing to live for.

Avi stared at the carefully-made noose hanging to the ceiling, tears filling his eyes. He wiped them off as soon as they came. Kirstin happened to forget her determination to the reason-thing, but that's obviously not why he was nearing suicide. That was just convenient.

He was nearing it because he felt worthless and lifeless, and the only way to help everyone and himself is to kill himself, because it seems as if everyone was happier without him, so now they can all live in peace.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, only to himself since the room was about as empty as he felt at that moment. Right when he was about to touch the noose, to wrap it around his neck, his phone dinged. The text tone that indicated Kirstin played, and he was confused. He carefully got out of the noose and looked at the text he received from the beautiful silver-haired girl.

Kit Kat:
hey!! i'm sorry i didn't say anything earlier today, my phone charger broke and i had to find a new one. anyways -

reason number 313 why i love you:
you make my heart flutter whenever i'm near you, and that's just a very subtle reminder that i love you so, so much. you mean the world to me, avi.

Tears pricked Avi's eyes as he imagined Kirstin smiling at him beautifully. Avi's heart race picked up at merely the sight of the girl. He opened his eyes back up, then looked toward the noose. He untangled the noose and threw it in the trash can in the room before laying on his bed and closing his eyes peacefully.

You have Kirstin.

***

a/n:: yay!