Roommates [2]

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I don't think I've ever been this bored in a class.

I was in my last one of the day, just sitting there and not focusing although I should've been. I literally knew 90% of what the professor was babbling on and on about because I took college courses in high school. Oh, and guess what?

I had the exact same schedule as Avi and Kevin.

Yeah — it surprised me that Avi had a few AP classes but I wasn't surprised when Kevin came into them. My nose was still aching, since it had been only two days since the stupid fight, and whenever I showed any emotion on my face, it'd be painful.

I also found out that Alec, the guy Avi hates, had a big history with him. People talk about it all the time, but people say different things. So I won't believe any of them. They'd say they fought over a girl, which was unlikely in Avi's case. Some said that Avi was doing his usual, God knows what that is, and Alec appeared out of nowhere and spewed random stuff about him, all bad.

I highly doubt that as well. I don't know why, I just had the feeling.

Eventually (and luckily) the class ended, and I immediately gathered my stuff when the professor dismissed us. But, sadly, when I got up and had my books in hand, I bumped into the one and only Avi Kaplan. Yes, we told each other our last names.

"Watch it," he sneered. I rolled my eyes, "Maybe you shouldn't be at my desk, yeah?" I accidentally snapped. Oh crud. Why, Kirstie?

He rolled his eyes as well, ignoring me and basically shoved me out of his way. Ugh. I ignored the fact his attitude changed over the last two days, even though I wanted to scream at him. I made sure none of my books fell as I walked out of the classroom and to the dorm, but I wanted to visit Scott and Mitch first, so I rushed to theirs, and knocked twice when I got there. Mitch opened the door, allowing me inside, and I immediately groaned loudly when I entered.

Scott looked up from the book he was reading, and furrowed his very blond eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"Avi Kaplan is what's wrong!" I nearly yelled. "He's being such a jerk now! Why couldn't he have been the guy that helped me when my nose was hurting?" I muttered the last part. Mitch came to my side. "He helped you?" Mitch stared at me, probably for some sort of lie. I shrugged, "Yes, and he was really sweet too."

"How?" Scott asked afterward. "Uh, he wasn't being cocky or douche-y. He literally helped with my nose, he applied the ice pack to it and was an overall cutie. But now he's that disgusting, rude and cliche bad guy again," I sighed. "Girls in books express how hot, sweet, and cool bad boys are, but this one is a complete knucklehead that's brain is probably made of rice!"

Mitch chuckled, most likely at my last statement, and looked at me. "It's probably for show."

I sighed, "I don't know about that."

Scott shrugged, "Go find out."

I nodded, shoved my books in my bag since I couldn't in class, and walked out as the heavy bag applied a lot of pressure to my shoulder. I made it, and then opened the door. I prepared myself for what I most likely would see before I did, but I didn't at all expect the sight of Avi reading a book on his bed, clearly concentrated. It seemed to be something about mystery, or horror in general.

He looked up once I opened the door, and my face was constructed with confusion as I closed it and stared at him, despite the pain in my nose. "You read?"

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I do. Do you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Well, yeah. I'm that cliche nerd, aren't I?"