Bearded Christmas

Kirstin Maldonado's POV

"And you're saying that every flight is canceled? I can't go anywhere? I need to be at my family's house," I sighed unhappily as the attendant frowned at me but seemed not to care. "I'm sorry, miss."

"I can't stay here overnight! I can't get a cab this late. God," I rubbed my face in distraught before a woman with long blonde hair poked my shoulder. "Hello," she smiled nicely. "I couldn't help but hear your predicament."

"Yeah," I shrugged, shoving a piece of my blonde hair out of my face.

"Well I wouldn't mind bringing you to my house for the night if you'd like. I won't bite, I just have family coming."

"Who's your family?" I asked curiously.

"My husband, my daughter, and my two sons," she replied happily.

"I'd love to if it wouldn't be a bother," I shrugged and smiled sheepishly at the woman. She grinned and told me I'd be no bother. Might as well go, seeing as my Christmas would've been ruined since I have no one else to be with on the holiday.

"Just to be clear, my children are all around your age, so don't worry about young kids running around the house," she laughed. "I couldn't have that at my age."

"Well, sorry if this offends you, but thank goodness," I chuckled.

"No worries," she replied before leading me out to her car so she could drive me to her house.

"What's your name?" I asked. "Oh, I'm Shelly. What's yours, dear?"

"I'm Kirstin," I grinned.

***

It was strange of me to agree with coming with a stranger to be with them for Christmas, but perhaps I could just leave in the morning and spend it alone. I didn't want to stay in a drafty airport and be freezing all night when I can sleep in a bed and be warm.

"So why were you at the airport?" I asked. She glanced at me and smiled. "I was going to pick up my sister but she couldn't fly in."

"I'm sorry," I frowned.

"It's all right," she hummed and then silence took over.

After some time, the woman spoke. "Well, this is the place. Just a head's up — we take Christmas very seriously around here," she winked and began to get out as I stared at her overly decorated house.

Red and green was everywhere. There was a giant, golden Christmas tree out on her lawn and a giant snowman laid on the ground. It was beautiful and clearly traditional.

"Come on," she pulled me inside. She then opened the door and suddenly a brunette woman came running over to her and pulling her in for a bear hug. She quit the hug and looked at me weirdly. "Who's this?" she asked.

"This is Kirstin. She was stranded at the airport and needed somewhere to stay for a bit. She's harmless," Shelly explained. "Kirstin, this is my daughter Esther."

"Hello," I chuckled awkwardly and shook her hand. "Well, hi! I hope you like it here."

In came a taller man with glasses and a gray hat on. He seemed to be Shelly's age and he kissed her cheek and turned to me. Before he could say anything, two younger men walked in. One was beardless and had short brown hair with brown eyes while the other was cute as hell. He had long, dark brown, curly hair and a trimmed beard. He was about 5'11", maybe more. "These are my sons Avi and Josh," said Shelly. Beard and I kept staring at each other and I quickly looked away to Shelly. "Um, which one—"