Journalist VS Journalist

Kirstie Maldonado's POV

I rose my eyebrows when Mr. Olusola called someone else in. I furrowed them once they came in, but my entire world stopped.

His hair was dark and long, placed into a neat man bun that somehow suited him. His eyes seemed to be a light green but changed slightly in the light, so I decided they'd be, maybe, greenish hazel like I considered mine, except mine were darker and seemed brown from afar. He did have facial hair; a beard that was very nicely trimmed. His skin seemed smooth and pale. He had on a black jacket, black tshirt and dark blue skinny jeans. I knocked myself out of my trance and looked back at Mr. Olusola and blushed as they both caught me staring.

"Did you hear a word of what I just said, Ms. Maldonado?" He smiled but seemed a little amused. I pursed my lips, "Yes?" I tried.

He nodded, "Alright, good. I expect to have the winner by tomorrow."

I widened my eyes. Winner? For the job?

I looked to Avi and he was smirking as he stared at me. I glared at him, immediately thinking anything positive about him wasn't true.

I speed walked out of there and grew confused as I left the office of Olusola. I sighed, looking down to my phone in case any notifications popped up so I could distract myself for a little while. But to no avail, there was none and I heard an opening of a door and out came that cocky bastard.

"I know what you're thinking," his deep voice gave me chills. "That I'm irresistible, you have no slight clue what Mr. Olusola said, and that I'm a snarky asshole that believes he's more than everyone else. Am I right?" He came closer to me. I pursed my lips, "Errr–I... no?" I stuttered.

He smiled, "You're cute."

I rose an eyebrow, "My cute what?" But then I immediately mentally facepalmed myself, figuring out that he was complimenting me and not something I owned.

He laughed loudly, seeming like he was going to prick tears sometime soon. I frowned as my cheeks turned red, "Stop laughing!" I groaned.

He immediately tried to stop, which I found really sweet, until he literally couldn't. It wasn't even that funny. "Oh my God," he was about to cry. I groaned again, "Asshole," I muttered.

He eventually calmed down. "Okay, okay. I'm calm," he said slowly, taking an intake of breath.

I looked at Avi with an annoyed expression. "Good. As... interesting as it was to meet you, I'm going to go!" I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. "You don't even know what Kevin said," he chuckled. "Kevin?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Mr. Olusola?"

"Oh," I mumbled. "What'd he say?" I shifted on my feet.

"He said that we had to have a battle of the death to gain the job," he smirked and I rolled my eyes, waiting for the actual answer.

"Alright, fine. We have to write about anything we see, but we have to go to the places on this list. Both of us. Why? So he can compare it fairly and choose a winner," Avi explained easily. I nodded, "Okay, so I have to be with you all day?"

He nodded as well, "Correct, yes."

I pursed my lips, "How many places are there?" I asked.

"One," he said. "Rosalina's Bridge."

I rose an eyebrow. "Rosalina's? Like, that blue one?" I asked him as he stared at me. "Yeah."

I nodded, "Okay. Let's go," I said and began to leave with him in tow. Once we reached outside, I awkwardly looked at him and my vehicle, deciding he most likely didn't want me in there with him. He didn't say anything as I it in and took a deep breath. Okay, good.