More Than Words

So I thought of this when I was stacking wood today. The underlined italics is the boys (Dans') response. Sorry this was so short... I wanted it to be different but things are really rough for me right now. I hope you enjoy it though!

Words: 784

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Imagine a world where no-one can speak. You could use your words once you find the one you'll love forever. It's a place where today, no one could imagine.

"Philip you have a job to do! Go do it please." My manager zoomed passed me.

I work as a busboy and waiter, at times, at Matsu Diner. Loads of families and couples come in here all the time. We rarely get singles in here. I'm the only single who actually works here also.

I walked over to a table where the couple just left and began to clean up. I finished up and wiped down the table. Just then a brown haired boy walked in alone and sat down in a booth near a window.

"Philip! Please go take that table."

I nodded and walked over to the boy. At all the tables we have white boards and markers I set down my card so he could read it with a menu.

Hi, I'm Phil. I'll be your waiter for today. Can I get you something to drink?"

Hello, can I have some water please?

Of course! I'll be right back.

I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of ice water bringing it back to the boy.

Would you like anything to eat?

No thank you.

If you think of something just let me know.

The boy was there for an hour just sipping on his water and writing in a notebook. He paid for his water and left me a dollar with a note on it.

Thank you Phil, I don't have much but you can have this dollar.

I smiled to myself and went on with my day.

**

The brown haired boy with the beautiful brown eyes came in every day except for Thursday, and sat in the same booth, order a water, and stayed for an hour before leaving again leaving a dollar under the salt shaker for me. I came into work after taking off due to my sickness. When I clocked in the boy was already sitting in his seat. I grabbed an ice water and walked over to him.

Hello! How are you today?

Oh thank you! I am good. How are you Phil?

I'm alright thank you! Would you like anything to eat today?

No thank you. Where have you been?

Oh, I got a cold so I couldn't come in to work. I feel a lot better now though.

Thats good! I missed you...

I missed you too! I haven't caught your name?

I'm Dan :) You're Phil :P

Yep! That I am Dan! I really like your name.

Oh.. Thank you! I thought it was a pretty generic name, anyways would you like to hang out after work sometime soon?

Oh! That sounds great Dan. When works for you? I get off work at seven on weekdays, eight on Saturdays  and I don't work Sundays.

How about this Sunday? We can go to Shiny Deer then to a movie.

That sounds good.

I'll see you on Friday Phil!

And with that he was gone and I was left blushing to myself. I picked up his glass when I realized something was under the salt shaker.

It was a dollar with a note attached to it, "Can't wait for Sunday. You should call me sometime before hand. xxx-xxx-xxxx -Dan"

"Well, I see you and water boy hit it off. He asked me where you were all week." One of our waitresses said.

I smiled and picked up a white board, "Shush it El."

She laughed, "You know you love it!"

I rolled my eyes and continued on with my shift. The days passed and Dan came in almost every day like normal. We had deeper conversations and began to talk about what all was going on. Sunday soon rolled around and I found myself walking to the Shiny Deer coffee shop.

Well hello there Philip!

Hi Dan! How are you?

I'm pretty good. How are you?

Better that you're here!

Wow that was cheesy.

Ewie! I don't want to be compared to cheese!

What? Why not?

Because cheese is gross!

"And you see my lovely children, that is the moment I completely fell in love with you father. I laughed and called him ridiculous, without even writing it down on my board." Dan smiled at our three little girls who stared at him intently, "It showed me that i didn't need to hear him say anything to me. His smile, his actions, just him being him made me fall madly in love with that spork."

"But you love me." I walked into the living room.

He nodded, "Yeah, yeah I do."