Odds On New Year

I know New Years was a few days ago but I just got around to finishing this up. Be happy , okay?! I hope everyone had a fun, safe, night! You should tell me about it in the comments!

Words: 699

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:..:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Dan's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing, I groaned then reached over to grab it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Well good morning sleepyhead." He replied.

I tiredly laughed, "Looky here kid."

"What are you doing tonight?"

I thought for a second, realizing it was New Years Eve, "I'm not to sure to be honest. I literally just woke up."

"Well, a few of the boys are coming over to my place tonight and I wanted to invite you."

I smiled, "I would love to come, if I ever get my lazy ass up."

He chuckled, "The boys are coming over around 7:30, so you can come earlier later if you please."

"Alright, cool. Send me that just in case I forget and your address."

"Okay, I'll see you then?"

"Of course."

We hung up and I decided I should probably ask if I could go out. I went downstairs to find my mum at the kitchen table.

"Hey mum!"

She looked up from her book, "Hey bear, you got any plans for tonight? Your brother is going out with his friends."

"Actually, that's what I came to ask about. Remember Phil, my good friend."

She nodded, "What about him?"

"Him and the other boys are hanging out tonight and they wanted to know if I could go over there tonight."

"Well, why not? What time do you want to go over there?" She asked me.

"Let me check actually."

2:08pm New Message: Phil

Hey, since it'll be late you can spend the night here

"Seven Thirty is when it starts, he said that I could spend the night there."

"Alright sweetie you can go. Have fun and be safe, okay?"

I smiled at her, "Thanks mum! I will."

I went upstairs and started getting myself ready, I spent a lot more time on myself than normal. Soon enough it was time to leave.

7:03pm New Message To: Phil

Hey, I might be a little early.

7:04pm New Message: Phil

That's alright. I'll come out and get you once you get here

7:04pm New Message To: Phil

Okay cool

7:06pm New Message: Phil

See you soon!

I finally arrived at Phil's house and he came out to meet me.

"You look nice." He complimented.

I smiled, "Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself."

"Are you hitting on me?" He laughed.

I lightly punched his arm, "Yes."

He laughed a little harder, "You're such a dork."

I smiled again, "So I've been told."

We sat around and talked before the rest of the boys showed up. By 8:30pm there was eight of us sitting down in the basement just fucking around. We played stupid party games and ordered pizza.

"Okay Phil, what are the odds that you kiss Dan?" Chris asked.

I laughed, "Woah there!'

"One to five." Phil responded, "Dan count us down."

"Three, two, one."

"Three!" They said in unison.

Everyone went crazy and I blushed like crazy. I found it funny and was all for it anyways.

"It has to be before midnight!" Chris clarified.

Phil turned to me, shrugged, and smiled, "Is that okay with you?"

I just smiled and nodded not going to be heard over the shouting of the teenage boys. Time passed by quicker than I expected and it was only a few minutes till midnight.

"How are you doing?" Pj asked me.

I looked up to him, "I'm alright. Quite nervous actually."

"Why's that? Is it because Phil has to kiss you?"

I shrugged, "I don't know honestly."

"Well just calm down. Everything will be a-okay." With that he walked away.

We started counting down from 20 and it got closer and closer to the new year. I found myself next to Phil who had been smiling since we started counting.

As we got to one Phil pulled me in for a kiss and all of the boys around us began to yell, "Happy New Year!" And scream about the kiss that was happening.

"That was from there dare, and this is to a new year."

Phil pulled me back into another kiss and I was perfectly happy with it. This is a great way to start the new year.