Show Me Some Color Without A Code (Part 1)

Rating- PG-13

Words- 739

Part One

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

I want you to imagine a place with no color, no emotion, no nothing. This is until you find your "soulmate or love," once you find them you start to see color. You might think this would be hard, but no we have codes, well except for me, I have nothing, my palm is blank.

I will never  see color, I will never  feel emotion, I will never  find the one I love. I think it's because I live in the special world. They taught us only straight kids live on, but they are wrong. My mothers both have the same code so they just live here, in the specials landform.

"Daniel! Breakfast is ready." Mother screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

I put in my headphones and start blaring my favourite band, Muse. I have a lot of other bands I enjoy but this one beats the others.

I quickly eat, "I'm going to the specials park."

She nods and off I go. I wasn't going there though, of course, I'm a rebel and I'm proud.

"Watch where you're going." I hear a voice say.

I look up to see an uncolored beauty, "I'm sorry."

"It wasn't me you hit, it was that lady." He said back.

We both started to laugh, I felt normal for once. No Dan, you are normal, fuck the others.

"I'm Philip, or Phil. Whatever works." He smiled at me and stuck his hand out.

I shook his hand, "I'm Dan-iel, but you can call me Dan."

We started to laugh and talk about ourselves. He was four years older than me and surprised that he hasn't met his "soulmate."

"So Dan." He sipped his coffee.

I look up at him, "Yes Phil."

"Have you found your other?" He asked, I could hear a hint of sadness in his voice.

I almost choked on my drink, "Uh no. I don't uh."

"Dan, I can't hear you when you mumble." He looked at me with a twisted face.

Why do I feel so different around him?

I spoke slowly, "Phil, I'm, well, a special. And to add to that I don't have a code."

"Wait? How come I haven't see you around?" He asked, with a small smirk.

It confused me at first but just then I realized, he's a special. That's why I feel so calm around him. I feel, I feel wanted around him.

"I'm not sure. Not to be rude but Phil, are you a special?"

He answered with a laugh, "Of course you twit!"

I couldn't help but smile. I looked into his grey eyes and look at his black hair, I wanted to know his real eye color, his real hair color, the real colorful him.

"Daniel?"

"Yes?" I immediately felt hot in the face, I mean I was caught staring.

A wide smile appeared on Phil's' face, "Your face is red."

"My face is what?" I was slightly confused.

He grabbed my hand and took me into the bathroom, he was right, there was a slight redness on my cheeks.

*Ring Ring*

"Yes Mother?"

"Daniel it is time for dinner. Report home immediately."

*Boop Boop*

It appears the color on my face has disappeared, but the emotions I'm not supposed to be feeling, are still here.

"I suppose you should go for we wouldn't want your mothers to be angry." Phil said with a slight smile.

I look at him, straight in the eyes. I could have sworn I saw specks of, yellow I think it's called, in them. I handed him my phone and he did what I was hinting towards. I then gave him a hug and went on my way.

"I'm home." I say hanging my coat up on the hanger.

My mothers were already sitting at the dinner table, chatting away, not even taking a notice to me.

Mum looked up at me, "Go wash your hands and join us Daniel!"

I washed my hands and sat in my assigned seat. Well, they weren't really "assigned" we just always sit in the same chairs.

"So, how was the park?" Mum asked.

I put some meatbread onto my eating circle, "Good, same old some old really. Finished my reading."

"That's great sweetie!" Mother spoke up. 

We finished supper and I went to my resting tube. I spent all night thinking about Phil and the next time I'll get to see him.