Proud

Words: 463
Yeah yeah I know, it's not amazing but I'm still getting back into the swing of things okay? I'm trying here!
:.:.:.:.:.:.:

"Hey Dan?" Phil said quietly as the two boys were sitting on the couch.

Dan looked over at him, "Yes?"

"I'm proud of you, you know?"

Dan made a face at his best friend, "where is this coming from?"

Phil shrugged, "I don't know. This whole rebranding thing and you shaping yourself into who you want to be. I just wanted to let you know I'm proud."

Dan smiled, "thank you. It means a lot to me."

Phil nodded, " I hoped it would."

Dan and Phil, the closest of two friends. Respecting each other decisions and always being there when they need each other.
Most people mistook them as a couple, which they both completely understood, but they weren't. As the days went on, Dan and Phil got closer and closer, loving each other with everything they both had.

"We've done so much together." Phil spoke one evening.

"Yeah we have, haven't we?"

Phil smiled, "We went on tour, we've met tons and tons of people, we've been to so many continents, we moved, we-"

Before Phil finished Dan interrupted with a laugh. Phil was confused for the most part, until Dan caught his breath and explained.

"I love how you went from talking about us traveling the world, to moving a short distance. It makes them seem like they're on the same level of this importance scale."

Phil cocked his head, "Well it is."

Dan raised an eyebrow at him, "what?"

"They are both equally important. Yes, we might have learned more from one experience than the other but at the end of the day they both impact our lives on this huge level. Moving into a bigger home may not seem like something that has to go down in the history books but we both know somehow it will."

Dan smiled, "I guess you're right."

"I know I am!" Phil chuckled.

These boys have been through hell and back with each other and they both wouldn't change it for the world. I mean, would you want too? Traveling the world and meeting tons of people with your best friend? Now that seems like an experience I would never want to give up or change in anyway. Now, would they want to tweak how somethings went, probably, every experience isn't perfect, but for the most part why would you want to give up something this meaningful?

Dan and Phil have learned about the world and more about themselves and definitely more about each other. They both know that they would ever give up what they've gone through or ever give up their best friend. They love what they've done and what they're doing, and they especially love each other, more than what the world has to offer, but uh no homo though.