"Birthday Girl"

Today is your 16th birthday party. You invited almost the whole high school. You had cake and ice cream, balloons and streamers, and now you're just waiting for everybody to show up.

The party starts at 6:00 pm, it is now 6:45. No one showed up. You weren't exactly popular in school, but you had some friends. I guess they weren't true friends. You shed a tear and ran up to your room and cried in your pillow.

Plink! Plink! Plink!
That noise is coming from your window. You wipe your tears, get up, and opened the window. You look down and see Patrick with a present. "Sorry I'm late. I had to pick up your present downtown. Happy Birthday!" You gave Patrick a weak smile. You motioned Patrick to come in. He walked around the house to the front door. You opened the door for him.

When he walked in he set your present down and hugged you. "Happy 16th Birthday!" Patrick said while hugging you. He pulled away and looked at your tear stained face. "What's wrong?" Patrick asked you. You sniffled. "Nobody showed up. I have no friends." You said. Patrick looked in your eyes. "Well, I'm here." Patrick spoke up. You smiled. "I know. You're my only friend, my best friend." Patrick smiled. "Now, let's cheer you up. It's your sweet 16! Here." Patrick handed you your present. "You didn't-"
"Just open it." Patrick said laughing, cutting you off. You opened the present and saw a scrapbook of all of the times you and Patrick spent growing up together.

You've known Patrick since fourth grade. You were looking at some Pokemon cards alone at recess and Patrick liked your cards. You two were friends instantly. Both yours and his mom loved your friendship, so they took pictures all the time. They always thought you two would be perfect for each other. You had a little crush on Patrick since 6th grade, when he stood up for you when a bully through you into a locker, but you never thought he'd like you back.

In between one of the pages was a diamond bracelet, and the page was titled, "(Y/N)'s Sweet 16!" You were astonished. "Oh, Patrick. It's beautiful, this must have cost a fortune." You hugged Patrick. "It's no big deal. I just had to sell one of my guitars." Patrick stated calmly. "Not your blue Gibson Les Paul!" You said. Patrick nodded. "But, that's your favorite guitar!" You said disappointed. "You're better than any guitar." You blushed and hugged Patrick. "Thank you. I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend." You two stood there for a while, just hugging, then it got a little awkward. "Now, we have a chocolate cake and 2 tubs of ice cream. You hungry?" You asked. Patrick smiled and ran to the kitchen. You giggled and followed him.

"Where's your mom?" Patrick asked. He didn't bother asking about your dad, because he left when you were five. "She's working late at the hospital tonight. So, it's just going to be you, me, chocolate cake, and ice cream." You grabbed two plates and sliced two pieces of cake while Patrick scooped two scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Then, you both walked in the living room and watched movies. "What do you want to watch?" Patrick asked you. "You choose." Patrick made a pouty face. "But, you're the birthday girl!" Patrick exclaimed. "And I told you to choose a movie." Patrick sighed and picked "Stephen King's, IT" He knew you hated clowns. "Fine, I want to see you watch this movie." You scoffed nervously. "I can watch t-this. I'm not a b-baby." You said rolling your eyes. Patrick shook his head and laughed. "Sure you can, birthday girl."

You're an hour into the movie and you're jumping at the littlest things. You've nestled your head into the crook between Patrick's neck and shoulder. He put his arm around your waist to make you feel safe. "It's okay, (Y/N/N). I'll protect you from clowns. I'll never let anything hurt you." Patrick whispered in your ear. His soft voice calmed you down and made you less scared. You raised your head and looked into Patrick's beautiful, hazel eyes. He looked into yours. You felt safe. You felt as if all your worries faded away, that all you need is Patrick to make you feel safe and sound.

Suddenly, Patrick started to lean in. You couldn't believe this was happening. It was a dream come true. Your faces were inches apart. You were frozen in shock at what was happening. Patrick noticed. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what got over me." Patrick let go of you and shook his head. You set your hand on his and he looked at you. You smiled and started leaning in slowly. Patrick leaned in as well. Your lips touched and it was like you were in Heaven. His soft lips felt so right against yours. He cupped your face with one hand and held your side with the other hand. You put your hand on one of his shoulders. You started to make out slowly, but with no tongue.

A few minutes later you heard the door knob jiggling and you lost contact of Patrick's lips. Your mom walked in. "Hey (Y/N), Patrick. Where's everybody? I thought you were having a party." You looked at Patrick, then back at your mom. "No, it's just me and Patrick." You said. Your mom looked at the television and laughed. "You better not be having nightmares tonight. Patrick, you can stay the night if you want. I can call your mom." Patrick shook his head. "No, it's alright. My mom will probably want me coming home. Thanks anyways, Ms.(Y/L/N). I should get going." Patrick said getting up. "Okay Patrick. Oh!, were going bowling tomorrow for (Y/N)'s birthday. Would you like to come?" Your mom asked Patrick. "Yes, thank you." Patrick said. "No problem, invite your parents too. Well, I'm going to sleep. Good night (Y/N), Patrick." Your mom said while walking up stairs. "Goodnight, Ms.(Y/L/N)" Patrick said.

You walked Patrick to the front door and he turned around. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Patrick asked. You smiled. " I'd love to." Patrick blushed and kissed your lips. "Goodnight, Birthday Girl." Patrick said. "Goodnight, Trick." You replied. You stared into each other's eyes for a few minutes, lost in space."Aww!" You turn around and see your mom watching you and Patrick, taking pictures. You and Patrick blush. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Patrick nodded. "Goodbye, and happy birthday." Patrick said. You waved your hand and watched Patrick walk down the rode to his house. You closed the door, leaned your back up against it, and sighed. "Best. Birthday. Ever." You walked upstairs into your room and fell asleep dreaming about Patrick.