Human

"Just a few drinks, Nikki. That s'all." Pete, my cousin, said over the phone. "It's Saturday night. You deserve to get loose and have some fun for once."

I sighed. "What if I like being in the warmth and comfort of my apartment?" I could hear Pete getting annoyed. "Then your going to be lonely for the rest of your life. Now get dressed. I'll pick you up in an hour." He said.

"Wait! Pete, who's all going?" I asked getting off the couch. "Well, joe and his wife, Andy, Patrick... and just a bunch of other people." I nodded.

"Okay. Cool. I'll see you in a little." After we hung up, I decided to look for something to wear. Nothing too fashionable. Maybe a simple outfit.

After I got that sorted out, I did makeup and all that jazz.

It may not seem like I'm nervous, but I'm an anxious freak. I haven't gone out since my ex broke up with me. Even worse, we broke up two months ago. Sad, huh?

No, sad isn't the right word. Pathetic? Yep, that's it.

It's stupid of me to be thinking about him for so long, but I put so much time and love for him. And all that went to waste.

Ugh- whatever. Pete was right. I'm going to be lonely for the rest of my life...

Oh well, crazy cat lady won't be so bad for me. At least I'll have some recognition

Before I knew it, Pete was calling.

"I'm here and you better not back out!" He said over the phone.

"Awe, man. That was my plan..." I said sarcastically. "Ha. Ha. You're so funny." He said slightly agitated.

We have this relationship where we can insult each other and not care about it at all. It's a cousin thing.

"I know. Aren't I just so hilarious?" I added. "Yeah, you wish," I rolled my eyes, "would you hurry the fuck up and get your ass in this car?!" He yelled.

"Shit! Calm yourself. I'm coming down the elevator." I said pushing the lobby button.

"Good! You're wasting my gas money." Pete was always so dramatic.
"Oh no. It's not like you don't have the money to get more gas, better yet maybe even a new car." I said as I opened the car door.

"You know it, babe." He winked as I rolled my eyes.

"So, do you plan on driving me back home or do you plan on getting drunk as fuck?" I asked. "Can't you just get and Über?" He laughed.

"I guess you're going to be the second choice, drunk as fuck." Pete nodded.

--

We pulled up to Pete's house... well mansion. It was already filled with cars in the driveway. I began to get anxious again. I'm not so good with big crowds.

"Hey, it's okay. You're going to be okay. If anything the guest room is always open." Pete said reassuring me.

I'm so pathetic. "No, I'm fine. I'm not twelve. I'm going to be okay." I said looking out the window. "Okay, okay. Just letting you know." I sighed.

"Okay. Let's go inside." I said getting out of the car.

Immediately I regret coming. There's already drunk people everywhere. Drunk people are ether hilarious or obnoxious to me. There's no in between.

I quickly try to find someone I know. Then I see Josh from Twenty One Pilots. I haven't seen him since the tour.

"Hey, josh!" I yelled over the loud bass. "Hey, Nikki! How's it going? I haven't seen you in so long." He exclaimed as he gave me a hug.