Keep Me Sane ft. Brendon Urie

This one is for @I-love-fob
Enjoy!

-

"So, you're coming, right?" My friend Brendon Urie asks over the phone. I sigh. "I don't know, Brendon. Everyone is just going to get high and drunk like last time." I groan. "Not everyone. We invited the guys of Fall Out Boy this time. It's going to be hella fun. You better not miss out." I roll my eyes. "Maybe I wanna miss out. I'd rather stay in." I can hear Brendon sigh. "Look Calyn, I'm just trying to get you out of the house. I know your break up was hard, but it's good to get out and socialize. I'm just trying to help. And... If you don't want me to get drunk or anything, I won't." I smile at how nice and thoughtful Brendon is being. "Fine, I'll make an appearance." I hear a victorious 'yes'. (Pun Intended). "Fantastic! You won't regret it. Oh, and bring your bathing suit. It's a pool party." This makes it slightly better. Brendon and Sarah throw the best pool parties. "Okay. See ya in an hour. Bye." I say. "Bye."

I end the call and look for my bikini. I decide to wear a black bikini and to be honest, I look pretty hot in this bikini. Just saying. I spend the rest of the time gathering my other stuff.

As I arrive at Brendon's house, I can already hear the loud music. I roll my eyes and laugh. I knock on the front door and Brendon opens it. "Hey Calyn! Why'd you knock? You could just walk in." I shrug my shoulders. "Sorry, I'm old fashioned." Brendon laughs at my comment. "C'mon, Everyone's in the back."

I follow Brendon into the backyard and I see a lot of people in the pool laughing

I follow Brendon into the backyard and I see a lot of people in the pool laughing. I try to walk past unnoticed, but Brendon had to blow my cover. "Calyn's here everybody!" Everyone cheers and waves. Pete jumps out of the pool and runs to me. "Hey, Cay Cay. Long time no see." Pete goes for a hug, but I reject. "Sorry, you're a little wet." He chuckles and hugs me anyway.

I walk to the table and set my stuff down. I take off my shoes and decide to get a drink. As I go inside, someone approaches me. "Hey, Calyn. How's it going?" I look up and see Patrick. "Hey, Trick. I'm... Okay." I'm not going to lie to Patrick, he's a SuiteHeart. (Pun Intended. Again). "Just okay?" I shrug my shoulders and nod. "Wanna talk about it?" I really would like a talk. Ever since the break up with my ex, no one has asked to talk. Everyone just thinks I need to be alone, but that's the last thing I need. "Yes, I'd really like that." Patrick smiles and we walk outside.

We sit at this table, kinda away from everyone so we can talk in private. "So, what's going on, Cay?" I shrug. "My boyfriend broke up with me and it just hurt me. He said that I wasn't enough. What does that even mean?!" Patrick shakes his head. "That's stupid. He's stupid. It means nothing. What have you been doing since the break up?" Patrick asks concerned. He's doesn't want me to self harm so he grabs my hand. "No, nothing like that. I just haven't gone out of the house since. And It's been a month. I'm so pathetic." Patrick grabs both of my hands and grabs my attention. "Hey, don't think that. You're not pathetic. If anything, that sack of shit is. You are an amazing person. You never fail to bring a smile to my face. You are so beautiful and you have a wonderful personality. Just ask anyone. Don't let some stupid fuck tell you their wise, okay?" I nod. "Thank you, Patrick. You have no idea how much you helped me." Patrick smiled. "No problem. Everything I said was true. Now c'mere." Patrick stands and reaches for a hug and I gladly accept.

Man, Patrick's hugs are the best. And he really is the best at giving advice. Patrick is such an amazing guy. I'm surprised no girl has taken him out yet. To be honest, I'd be honored to be his girlfriend, but we barely see each other, so it'd never work out.

"So, you wanna swim?" I ask. Patrick shakes his head. "Why not?" I ask. He's wearing swim trunks, so I don't understand why he'd wear them if he didn't intend to swim at a pool party. "I'm just not comfortable with showing my body, that's s'all." I put my hands on his shoulders and look him straight in the eye. "Don't say that, Patrick. You're handsome and you are definitely not fat. You are so attractively handsome and there is nothing to be ashamed of." Patrick bites his lip, which IS really attractive. "Thanks, Cay. Looks like we need each other to stay sane." Patrick laughs and I nod. It gets quiet as we look at each other. "So, uh, swimming?" I ask snapping Patrick back. He blinks a few times. "Oh, yeah." He blushes as he takes off his shirt. Like I said, he isn't fat at all. He's really handsome. God, what's gotten over me? Am I falling for Patrick?

As I'm thinking this, I'm about to get in the pool, but Brendon and Pete come by and throw me in. They threw me in a little close to the edge of the pool, And then my vision went black.

Patrick's P.O.V

I think I'm falling for Calyn. She just makes me a better person, not just around everyone else, but she makes me feel like a better person. I don't know. It's complicated, but I can't get her out of my head. "So, uh, swimming?" Calyn snaps me back to reality. "Oh, yeah." I take off my shoes as Calyn walks towards the steps of the pool. Next thing you know Brendon and Pete throw her in the pool. Sometimes, you can really hate those guys.

Pete and Brendon are just laughing waiting to see her reaction, but she hasn't come up yet. "Guys, she hasn't come up yet. SHE HASN'T COME UP YET!!" Pete yells. Before she could run out of breathe, I try to dive in and save her as fast as I can. I see her and pick her up out of the pool and I set her head on my lap. She looks pale and she's not breathing. I automatically start doing CPR. Nothing's happening, but I'm not giving up. I can hear Brendon freaking out. "Oh my god! Oh my god! What have I done!" Brendon yells walking back and forth with his hands on his head. Pete, on the other hand is having a mental breakdown. Dallon had to go help him not pass out.

After a few more pumps at her chest, her eyes open wide and she sits up, coughing out water. I put my hand on her back and smooth her because I know if I almost died, I'd be freaking out. She turns to me and hugs me. "Patrick, thank you so much. You saved me." I hug her back.

She tries to stand up, but slips. It's okay, I caught her in time. When she can finally walk straight, she walk up to Brendon. He apologizes and reaches for a hug, but she pushes him in the water. She walks to Pete, drags him to the pool and does the same thing. She laughs, but stops. "Ow!" I walk to her and grab her waist, just in case she falls. She grabs the back of her head, and I look to see what she's holding, and her head is bleeding, but not enough for stitches. "Okay, let's take you inside and get you an ice pack and some medicine." I take her inside and Sarah brings a towel, water, medicine, and an ice pack.

"Patrick, thank you so much for saving me. I swear, once I'm all good, I'm going to kick their asses." I laugh. How can she almost die one minute, then make jokes after. She's one heck of a girl. And I want to call her mine. "No problem. I'd do anything for you." She smiles and goes in for a hug. She kisses my cheek too. I turn pink and Calyn giggles. "So, uh, swimming?" She asks again. "Are you sure you're okay?" She nods. She takes my hand and walks me out And into the pool.

Everyone's done swimming and now we're just talking and watching football. "I better get going. I think I need to rest." Calyn says. "Are you okay to drive? If not, I can drive you." I offer. "No, no. It's fine." I nod. "Hey look, were really sorry, Calyn. We didn't mean it." Pete and Brendon say. She goes up to them and hugs them. "It's okay. Just sleep with one I open from now on okay?" They both look scared because, Calyn is really nice and sweet, but she can be as mischievous as Satan.

I walk her to the front door. "Hey, Calyn. I would like to know, if maybe, you'd might want to go, uh, out some-sometime." She laughs at my nervousness. I look down and laugh at myself. "It's okay. It was cute. I'd love to go out with you. You have my number, right?" I nod and smile. "Okay, well then you can just call me sometime." I smile. I go in for a hug and she accepts. While we're pulling back I sneak a kiss to her lips. She giggles which makes my heart flutter. "See ya, Patrick." She waves. "Bye, Calyn." I shut the door and cheer for myself. "Yes!"