Book Enterprise (Part 3/5)

Today was a stressful day. I decided to maybe look for other publishing companies that are close to Chicago, but it was very hard. I want a big company to publish my book. Not some small, old, unknown company. This book took a lot of work. I want the best for it. I haven't told Patrick that I'm staying in Chicago. I kept telling him that I'm deciding.

I'm just scared that I'll make the wrong decision. I mean, I love Patrick to death, it's just that I want the best for myself too. I just hope Patrick will understand..

-

Patrick and I were making dinner when he decided to bring up the subject I've been avoiding so much. I've dreaded talking about this. "So, when do you need the movers to come get your stuff?" Patrick asked. "I never said I was moving." I said annoyingly. "But you haven't said you aren't either. What is it, Alexis? I'm tired of you putting it off." He said irritated. "I'm staying in Chicago!" I yelled at him.

"No! You're going to New York!" He yelled at me. I glared at him very strongly. He's trying to boss me around and he knows how much I hate that. "No, I'm not! You can't tell me what to do! I want to stay in Chicago with you." I said. He slammed his hands on the table. "No! I'm not going to let that happen!" I scoffed. "What? Now I need your permission?!" He shook his head.

"I'm not going to let you throw your career away for me!" He said. "I love you, Patrick! I'd rather be with you than millions of miles away." I said. "I love you too, but this is your life, Alexis! You've always wanted to write. I know because you made me read all of your stupid comics you wrote all throughout high school!" I stared at him again. "Stupid?" I asked. "I didn't mean to say that." I shook my head. "But you did. So that's how you think about my writing." I said.

"Of course not, babe. Everything was going too fast and I didn't know what I was saying." I rolled my eyes. "Okay, whatever. Why can't you just let me live my life?!" Patrick sighed. "Because I know you're making the wrong decision! You don't even have to live there forever!" Tears were starting to well in my eyes of complete stress. "Being away from you always seems like forever, Patrick! Won't you miss me too?!" He shut his eyes trying to control himself.

"Of course I'll miss you! I love you! But a year in New York won't fucking kill you! You're being ridiculous." He always thought he was right. "I'm being ridiculous because I love you and I want to be with you forever?!" I didn't even care about dinner at that moment. Okay, maybe I do a little bit. "We don't even know if we'll be together forever! I never mentioned an engagement ring, have I?!" He asked pointing to his ring finger.

"So, I wasted three years of my life to you?!" I asked obviously mad. "You'll be wasting a lot more if you don't take this opportunity!" I stood there shocked. I'm pretty sure he just said that he admitted that he won't propose to me at all. "Wait! I didn't mean it like that-" I let the tears go. "Oh really, Patrick?! You didn't mean that? Then what did you mean?!" I yelled at him.

"I mean I'm not going to let you throw this away because you probably aren't ever going to get another offer like this!" He yelled slamming his hands in the table. "There you go again! You don't think I'm good enough to get another offer?! Please explain! It'll make it way easier for me to hate you!" I yelled. He gripped the table really hard. His fists had switched to a white color.

"I don't want you to give your life away for me because I'm not good enough." He said sternly. "That's why I want to stay. So I can show you how much you mean to me!" Patrick slammed his hands very hard on the table. "Maybe I just don't want you here! A guy needs some space sometimes!" He said throwing his arms off the table and knocking over a glass.

Third Person P.O.V

The sound of shattering glass was like a bell. It silenced them. Nothing else was said after that. Patrick backed away from the table and the mess next to him. He knew this was a tricky move, but it was for the best. It was best for Alexis. Then again, he knew he wanted her to stay. He felt so bad because after all he's been saying, he needs her. He needs her to stay with him, but he wanted her to do the things she loves best. Alexis would've done the same for Patrick and the band.