7 | Fire and Gold

Luke's POV;

I turn around to make sure Rya's still with us, but I don't see her as we turn the corner.

"Wait, guys, where's Rya?" I ask, my heart starting to beat faster in my chest. They all stop and exchange glances before looking around.

"She was just with us a minute ago," Michael says, obviously confused.

"Where could she have gone in such a short amount of time?" Ashton says, trying to calm me. "I'm sure she's probably just looking around the lobby."

I nod, telling myself that's where she is. She's just curious. She's always been curious about things she doesn't know about. We go back to the main lobby, but I don't see her.

"Maybe she went back up to her room?" Cal suggests. I bite my lip, surveying the area again, hoping to spot the small blonde girl.

"Cal and I will go back up to check, you and Michael stay here," Ashton says, pulling Cal to the elevator.

But I'm already panicking. I know my sister. She wouldn't just go back upstairs without telling anyone. I look outside as the people walk by. But she would go outside looking for adventure. Like they always say, curiosity kills the cat.

I pace back and forth, checking my phone. What if she got hurt? What if someone took her? I've texted her numerous times, and so has Michael, but she hasn't responded. Cal and Ash return by themselves, and my worry increases. She's obviously not in the hotel anymore. It reminds me of a time I babysat her once. She was about six, making me 11 or 12.

- Flashback -

Mom and dad were going out, and Ben and Jack were going to their friends' houses, so I was left alone with Rya.

"Mum, why can't you get a babysitter, I wanted to go to Michael's house," I whine.

"Luke, you're always at his house, it's your turn to watch Rya," she says sternly. I sigh and stomp up to her room, where she's playing with her Barbie dolls.

"Lukey, play with me!" She says. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not gonna play with you, Rya," I snap, making her whimper.

"You're mad," she says with a pouty face. I sigh, lifting her up and dragging her downstairs.

"Let's watch TV instead, okay?" She pouts, but stays put on the couch. Mum  and dad kiss us goodbye before leaving, but as soon as they leave, Rya jumps up and starts running around.

"Rya, knock it off!" I shout.

"Play barbies with me!" She yells. "No! Come sit back down!"

"No!"

I hear the front door open and and I feel my stomach drop.

"Rya?"

There's no response, so I jump up and run to the open door, poking my head out. I look both ways down the street, but she's nowhere to be seen. I just lost my little sister.