44 | Remember Me

A/N - This is the last selfie Rya and Willow took together😌 sorry to be a bit depressing😁

Rya's POV;

"Cal, we shouldn't go yet," I say, tugging at his hand. He continues to pull me along as we cross the street. I flinch as I hear the sound of a car speeding towards us, and it doesn't stop. "Cal," I say frantically. He turns around and quickly pushes me out of way. "Watch out, Rya!"

The car continues speeding along and Cal is thrown into the windshield, causing it to shatter. He rolls on the top of the car and then lands limp on the pavement.

"CALUM!" I scream, rushing towards him. Someone grabs and holds me so can't get to him. I thrash and kick and punch and scream, but it's no use. I watch as he slowly bleeds out onto the pavement and collapse into a sob. "NO!"

I wake up with a shriek and sit bolt upright, looking around. I can't make sense of where I am, and I look about frantically. I squint into the darkness and try to see where I am until I feel hands on my shoulders.

"Rya! Hey! It's okay, you're okay. I'm right here." I immediately recognize the voice as Luke's. I turn and see he turned a light on, so I can now see his worried face. I look over and see Calum is now sitting up in the bed next to mine. I quickly bury my face in Luke's chest, and he holds me tightly.

"It's okay. We're in Minnesota now. I'm sorry if you got scared," Luke whispers, resting his chin on the top of my head. I take a deep breath and curl further into Luke's chest, if it's even possible.

"Cal almost died," I choke out. My voice is muffled by Luke's shirt, but he pulls away for a second before turning to look at me.

"Hey, I'm right here," Cal says with a tired smile. I nod as I calm myself down and give Calum a hug. "Aww, it's okay princess," he says, and I pull away to sit next to Luke. "We're okay," Calum says and taps my nose. I smile as he goes back to bed, as do Luke and I. I snuggle close to him for comfort, and although it takes a while, I eventually fall back asleep.

"Rise and shine!" I hear Ashton say as he jumps on our bed. I open my eyes and giggle as Ashton grabs Luke's pillow from under him and starts to whack him in the face with it. He groans with irritation and pulls the covers over his head as Cal pulls me up onto his hip. "No more nightmares?" He asks. I smile and  shake my head sheepishly as he sets me down. I check my phone to see if mum has texted me or anything and I freeze. The reminder is still set on my phone that reads, "WILLOW'S BIRTHDAY!"

I bite my lip and quickly put my phone down, pushing the lump in my throat away.

September 23rd.

Willow's birthday.

How could I forget?

"You coming Rya?"

"Huh?" I'm snapped out of my trance and I look up to the boys who are now gathered in a little cluster.

"We have a photoshoot today. Do you wanna come?" Luke repeats as the other boys disperse and begin getting ready. I nod, quickly shutting the reminder off and going to the bathroom to change.

Since the boys are busy getting their picture taken, I stay off the side and work on some school lessons. Once I'm finished, I turn my phone on and just stare at the lock screen. It's a picture of Willow and I that we took on our last day of fifth grade. I sigh, feeling my heart ache. That was when everything began.